@Terrence Theory of operation is fairly simple.
- Beans are placed in the hopper
- Beans are heated and screwed in the barrel to around 230 deg C depending on blend.
- 2 piece cup holder is closed together and clamped
- Liquid bean juice is injected into the cup
- Allow to cool slightly
- Cup holder is opened to allow freshly minted product to drop out
- Rinse and repeat
The machine can inject up to 250g of bean juice and has a maximum clamping pressure of 120 tons.
For the Venti Latte that this machine is being purchased for it is going to make them every 4 seconds.
Traditionally all the mechanics are driven by oil hydraulics but this machine being fully electric replaces the hydraulics with servos which are more efficient and alot cleaner when things go pear shaped.
When i say servos they are fairly grunty - the injector servo is rated at 42kw