What modules do you like to see available for gadgeteer?

Another +1 for a RS-232 level DB9 with all pins active (please please please) maybe even a switch to take it down to logic level when needed

• 1 relay expansion board

GPS with an external antenna connector

12 button keypad

trackball

servo motor control

Iridium 9602 Short Burst Data transceiver (overkill, but then again this is a wishlist)

+1 for Flow Sensors and Relays

Hi , I’m new here and I have one question - will 3pin sensor eblocks work with 3pin eblock Expansion Module for .NET Gadgeteer ? If yes will there be any difference with input type ?
If it will not work with .NET Gadgeteer I’d like to see some sensors (distance detector,light sensor,thermometer) and battery module would be nice.

EDIT : and also 7 inch display would be nice.

[quote]Hi , I’m new here and I have one question - will 3pin sensor eblocks work with 3pin eblock Expansion Module for .NET Gadgeteer ? If yes will there be any difference with input type ?
If it will not work with .NET Gadgeteer I’d like to see some sensors (distance detector,light sensor,thermometer) and battery module would be nice.
[/quote]

Note sure I understand your question.

I believe the OP was asking if the GHI gadgeteer 3pin expansion module will work with the GHI 3pin eblocks.

Since the GHI Gadgeteer catalog says:

I would say the answer is YES.

I’d like to request a larger display option: something in the 7 inch range or so.

I was eyeing one that because I recently got a FEZ Ultimate Kit…

It’d be cool if it was available for pre-order, like the Spider Starter. Both say available/shipping at the end of September but you can’t pre-order the 3pin expansion.

How will the 3 pin expansion module work? Each module type must be connected to a specific port with the spider correct? Is there a designated port for 3 pin modules?

There’s a 7GPIO type connector that might work for most of the 3pin blocks. Or possibly connect it to a type according to need?

[quote]How will the 3 pin expansion module work? Each module type must be connected to a specific port with the spider correct? Is there a designated port for 3 pin modules?
[/quote]

NET Gadgeteer has those libraries that let use access each pin on the socket separately.

A Gadgeteer cable has 10 wires; 3.3V, 5.0V, Ground and seven signal pins.

The 3Pin extension module has seven JST sockets.

So, each JST socket supports one of the seven signal pins.

You plug one side of the cable into the mainboard socket that has the signal(s) you need, plug the other side into the 3 pin expansion moduele, and then plug the 3pin cable(s) into the JST socket with the required signal(s).

The “.NET Gadgeteer Module Builders Guide” will give you a good insight into how connectivity works.

Yes, I have done some reading but the spiders port controls are still a little fuzzy for me. You guys are saying we will have pin level control and that the port the 3 pin module connects to does not matter?

Each module comes with driver (working on it) so it is plug and play. If you want to deeper control, you can take the module drivers source code and modufy them.

Also, you can control the pin and peripherals directly if you need to.

Hi!

I would like to see the equivalent of all the Digilent Pmods.
[url]Digilent – Start Smart, Build Brilliant.

Cheers,
Armin

That Digilent list should keep GHI busy for awhile! Some nice components that had yet to be mentioned.

Hi , will there be any difference betwen programing for the 3 pin eblocks and blocks (like camera) from .net gatgeter ?

Gadgeteer has 10 pins allowing for more advanced modules. Plus modules will ship with built in drivers.

Hi,
for the .NET Gadgetter platform we would need more, and more precise analog inputs (and outputs).

The minimum requirements for the product we are planning would be as follows:

16x analog input with a minimum 12Bit resolution (16Bit would be better)
Sampling rate should be 1 MSample +

2x analog output with 12Bit (16Bit would be better)

at least 24 digital input and output

We have also electronic engineers at our company, so we could desing some stuff our self.
All we would need is some advise where tro start.

Because we have an student for his master dissertation here now, we need to start this as soon as possible (he already has started, but today I read about the .NET Gadgeteer the first time).

Any advise is appreciated,
Reinhard.

Developers that usually ask for such accuracy will be using it for a product so the question is that will be using a gadgeteer mainboard in a product? You can save by simply using EMX module in your prodcut instead.

What I suggest is to create an analog input module of your own and use that along with FEZ spider mainboard to prototype and test quickly and then use EMX directly on your product.

Thank you for your quick answer.
Yes, this should get a product.

Do I understand it correct, that the FEZ Spider is ‘just’ an EMX module with a lot of connectors around it?
Would mean that I can use all features like Touchscreen, … also with EMX Module (for future projects).

How would an interface to a custom analog input board look like? I’m no electronic engineer, I’m just the software guy, and I would need to have some info for them to make them as excited as me for this platform.
If I calculate this correct, then I will need an interface to our IO board with a bandwith of 12 MHz+ to be able to sample a single 12Bit analog input with 1 MSample/sec, right?
I think the 3Pin EBlock or DaisyLink will be to slow.
What about the SPI?
How fast are the CAN Controlers (we work in the Automotive sector).
Where can I find a more detailed spec as in the online shop?

Please tell me if this is not the right place to ask this questions.

Thank you,
Reinhard.