What does your electronics work space/lab look like?

Chris, this is a picture of the box, its about 230x130mm on the outside. I left the FEZ in for comparison.

I made an aluminum divider that rests on some offsets. Underneath are two PICAXEs, an H-bridge and some voltage regulators.

Very nice. I do like how nicely formed that fiberglass is. I really wish I had something that neat for RWAR.

Building with fiberglass isnt really that hard. It can take some work if you have to build the ‘plug (the model that you build the negative form from).
And its a bit messy!
Maybe I should make a wiki on the subject but it might not be appropriate on the www.microframeworkprojects.com site?

Yes please, I am very curious about Plexiglas and how to use it. ;D

Ehh… Foekie, we are talking about fiberglass and Epoxy, not Plexiglas :slight_smile:

that’s what I meant :smiley:

Did you make the “boat” for lack of a better term yourself? Or is it something you can buy ‘off the shelf’?

The whole ‘boat’ is scratch built by me on my spare time. As the end user is my brother who is a professor at the University of Oslo, I got reimbursed for all materials used.
It’s the first thing I ever built using fiberglass and Epoxy and I’m very pleased with the result.

Wow, thats an amazing job for a first time! it looks like a bought one :wink:

Yes it is amazing and look like machine made :clap:

From a guy that knows tens of people with homebuilt composite airplanes, you did a GREAT job on that.

Wheeee!

Thank you guys.
:slight_smile:

What I also like is how BIG it is :o
At first I thought it was a small boat, but this is a very cool project 8)

Well guys, I added a fiberglass ‘tutorial in the Wiki (link removed)
Please feel free to correct any spelling and grammatical errors as my English is below par.

thanks 8)

Well documented Geir, perhaps you could list the resins you are using?

I could do that Mark, but the brand Im using is from a low cost car part company in Norway and not an international known brand. Do you think it serves any purpose?
[url]http://www.biltema.no/no/Bat/Kjemikalier/Polyester-og-Epoksy/Lamineringsepoksy/[/url]

Ah, so it’s just a laminating epoxy, i thought so. What is the set time like on it? 12-24hr touch, 36-48hrs cure?

I think cure time is 24 hours, but it depends on the temperature in the room and the thickness of the coats. The pot time for the Epoxy is about 15-20 minutes before it gels and then its useless. So have your fiberglass ready cut before you mix the Epoxy.
If you are building some really cool stuff you can use carbon fiber cloth instead of fiberglass. Then you dont need the Gelcoat first.