What does your electronics work space/lab look like?

My workspace.
Until my daughters claims the room at least.

^^^ Juts think, only 18 years till she goes to college, then it’s all yours again!

Gier,
What is the yellow tank in there??

Sam,
Thats Whirligig, my current project :slight_smile:
(link removed)

My desk from yesterday :slight_smile:

See Mark, this is why we aren’t allowed to have dry ice and warm water :smiley:

Nice…I want a smoker on my desk too :smiley:

No smoke machine :stuck_out_tongue:

Another photo from the same shoot… this is straight out of the camera, no photoshop.

You can see some more of them here: [url]http://www.markhphoto.com.au/Electronics/GHI-Electronics-FEZTinyCLR/13719850_dLLEN#1003858341_bVLFr[/url]

I was doing shots for the FEZ On Fire series initial screen :slight_smile:

The camera does these effects? lol cool. What is your camera model number?

That one is done with a Nikon D700 with 4 speedlights (SB-600’s and SB-900’s), 105mm f/2.8G AF-S Micro ED-N lens, bunch of gels, a special enclosure and stand for the FEZ plus 3 tripods/light stands and some other stuff. All up, about $9000 of equipment used to take those photos (if bought in the USA)

It’s not in camera effects, it’s physics. That’s how the light hit the sensor :wink:

@ Geir: Your semi-submersible looks the bomb. How far from land do you have it? How does it cope with waves?

RJ; Thank you for your comment.
As the maximum range for the XBee is set at 1500m I would probably not send it more than 1000m from shore. Most of the time 2-300m would be sufficient.
As this equipment is made for fresh water inland lakes I hopefully will not get in to big waves. But the vessel is water tight and with a mass of 50kg and only about 20cm above the surface I hope the waves will just wash over it.

Wow, 50kg is pretty decent. That must be fun to move around!

The weight comes from all the batteries and their not stored in the vessel during transport. -it is assembled on site before it is set afloat. And yes its a pain especially when Im alone during testing. :frowning:

What kind of batteries? Sound like you have some big lead acid battery that weights that much. Also, how did you create the hull? Did you lay the fiberglass up yourself?

That is correct Chris, these are lead acid batteries. They are cheap motorcycle batteries 12V with 12Ah. Im attaching a picture of the decks inside the hull. M1 – M7 are holder for the 12Ah batteries, I1 – I7 is a set of smaller 12V batteries that where for instrumentation.

And yes the hull is built with epoxy and fiberglass. As the sides are symmetrical I made a fiberglass mould first and then two identical parts that I glued together with Epoxy. The lid is also fiberglass taken from at separate mould.

Have you thought about converting to lipo? I suppose it doesn’t so much matter now, but it would probably make dealing with lugging it around a lot easier. There are some very high capacity lipos on them market.

Yeah adverse cost would be the difference between lead acid in this situation and lipo. If 11.1 is enough voltage he can get that from a 3s with around 10Ah for a couple hundred bucks or if he needs a 14.8 3s version then you talking double that for that capacity.

If this project is a success then we might get some more funding and i have been looking at these LiFePO4 batteries. [url]http://www.batteryspace.com/lifepo4battery128v20ah256wh60aratewopcm-replaceslawith10timeslongerlife.aspx[/url]

Do you have some close up photos of the box?