Transition to GHI Electronics

Gotcha … I was thinking you went +1 on the font size and I missed it.

Deleting a previously-submitted Codeshare entry subtracts 0 points.

(If this forum were a video game, I just found the infinite-ammo cheat code!)

Still some (occasional) oddities:

• I clicked on a topic in Unread Messages that sent me to GHI Insider instead, when the topic really resides in General Discussion. (Here’s the topic, for troubleshooting purposes:
    http://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=11483). The funny thing is, I actually saw the Native GPS Decoder thread listed among the GHI Insider threads, but when I revisited the page, it disappeared from GHI Insider and is back in its proper forum.

• Double post showed up on my first reply of the day.

Pet Peeve. In an existing post, with multiple pages, for instance this one, you can move your mouse over the previous page numbers 1, 2, etc but the mouse doesn’t change to recognise it’s a clickable link.

Unless someone just fixed that, it works properly in Chrome.

I have one little suggestion… Most of my time on this site is spent in the “Unread Messages” page. My old flow was to hover my mouse over Forum then click on “Unread Messages”, read a message and either back up or repeat the menu process if I had replied or went into multiple pages. Now, it’s a little more involved to go from Community -> Forum -> Unread Messages to get back to the list. This is impossible on my phone… So, I guess the best process currently is to rely on bookmarks. It would be nice to have some way to quickly jump to Unread Messages. Maybe an icon somewhere? I don’t want to clutter the site but the menus are a pain in this world that is becoming less dependent on mice.

Same here, I agree. We will figure something out but let us clear all bugs and add missing features first.

Not sure if this has been reported… The page numbers are no longer right aligned.

Also, am I overlooking it or is there not a link anywhere to the docs (wiki replacement) area or even the old wiki?

Just noticed this.
Links from the showcase page to showcase forum topics (discuss on tinyclr) go to tinyclr not the new location.

Is anyone else having a problem with unread messages?
If I leave the forum, and then return, only a small number of the actual unread message are marked as unread. My unread messages page is also nearly empty. I end up having to click on many topics to see if there are any new posts.

I think I’m having this problem sporadically… The first day of the transition I had almost no unread messages. The next day I had a ton… It seems like I’m getting them all now but I’m not certain because it does seem that they show up in waves. Maybe we’re all just taking breaks at the same time. :wink:

Thanks Ianlee. Yes, it does seem to occur in spurts. It’s almost as if it knows I’m on the site, and only then does it report unread messages immediately.

Happening again on the most recent +1s.

oooo nice, just noticed that the updated time on topics now shows me the local time GMT of the update rather than GMT -5

Thanks for the insight guys. Many things being ironed out. Including this annoying double posting.

2 Likes

@ Josh -

Thank you for your hard work!

3 Likes

I just noticed that the zip file navigation on Code Share is not working properly. In the project I uploaded last night, the zip file includes multiple levels of sub directories, which are not appearing correctly in the code viewer.

Still need to update this link:
https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/insider

I Know :frowning: i want to join. I hope the guys get round to it soon.

Tehehehe