Transition to GHI Electronics

@ GMod(Errol) - I think I have it printed at home. I will check tonight, but you might get it before that. :slight_smile:

Site looks niice.

I agree about the font, specifically the font size. For my tastes, it could be one or two point sizes larger.

[ul]Font has been changed.
Codeshare forum posts fixed with correct link.
Codeshare will now post to forum.[/ul]

Iā€™m trying to post a Codeshare entry with a fairly descriptive usage example. But Iā€™m getting a ā€œ65535 character maximumā€ error for my usage example.

Can we remove the size limit for the usage example? My example is fairly thorough with lots of comments, and Iā€™d rather not dumb it down to satisfy an arbitrary character limit.

@ Iggmoe - Go ahead and try now.

@ Josh - Latest activity links for +1 entries use old relative link:

/forum/topic?id=11466

instead of:

/community/forum/topic?id=11466

i.e.
http://www.ghielectronics.com/forum/topic?id=11466

OK, I made a submission. Some snags:

• Immediately after clicking Submit, Iā€™m redirected to a broken page. ā€œThe website cannot display the pageā€

• The first paragraph of my description has disappeared. It may be another character limit, where only the last X characters are actually displayed.

UPDATE ā€“ When modifying my Codeshare, it looks like my first paragraph in the ā€œTell us about itā€ section is still there. Apparently, when displaying the Codeshare to users, the description section is missing a scrollbar or something.

@ Architect - Fixed

@ Iggmoe - What was the page you landed on that was broken? If I click modify on your entry, I see a scroll bar for description.

I made a dummy codeshare. I donā€™t see the dead link anymore, so it must have fixed itself.

On IE10, the 1st screenshot shows the description that is truncated. This is what I see the first time I visit the Codeshare entry. When I reload the page, I am able to see the entire description the second time around.

Firefox seems to show the description correctly the first time around.

UPDATE ā€“ As some have pointed out, my Codeshare has not posted to the codeshare discussion forum. The funny thing is ā€“ the dummy Codeshare entry (ā€œtest test testā€) which I submitted and subsequently deleted is still on the discussion forum.

@ Iggmoe - I am not able to reproduce the description issue. I used a laptop with IE10 and visitng your XMODEM codeshare post and all displayed correctly.

Removing a codeshare entry will not delete the post at this time. But I will remove it.

And here i was replying to that with some waffle about Bob Dylanā€¦

@ Josh - Yeah, the description seems to show up fine for me now, too. But I have the earlier screenshots to prove it :slight_smile: . Intermittent problems are the worst to track down. Must be website growing pains . . . .

@ Justin - Mixing literature and music can be an explosive combination!

@ Iggmoe - i like pushing the envelope, keeps everyone on their toes :smiley:

I donā€™t know if it was mentioned already but my avatar isnā€™t available anymore. Not a big dealā€¦ I think, as far I can see, Iā€™m the only oneā€¦?

Unless I a missing something, still looks the same as before in Chrome.

@ Patrick - You were 1 of 3 but theyā€™re back now!
@ mhectorgato - Tahoma and Arial are a little similar. If you didnā€™t notice it the first time itā€™s probably hard to notice a difference now.

Community home page, link to document system leads to 404

Thanks, link was right, rule was missing. Fixed.

Thanks Josh! You guys did a great job!