Transition to GHI Electronics

yeah yeah :smiley: you already get to see the goodies.

And i got my invite to Cambridge today :wink:

@ Justin - sweeeeeeeeet. When do you go?

@ HughB -

Your personal invitation
Microsoft Research Cambridge will be moving to a new premises in the city of Cambridge early in 2013. This new home, conveniently located within walking distance of the train station and local amenities, will support our continued growth and provide space for more collaborative research activities.
To mark the occasion, we will be holding an opening event that will showcase a selection of demonstrations of our latest work, as well as our new lab facilities.
We very much hope that you can join us.
Date: Monday 22 April 2013

Good times :slight_smile:

@ Justin I don’t what to say other then lucky bastard, I wish I was going, but with all the modules and stuff you have been doing with Gadgeteer you have earned it.

Hahah the email I sent to Justin when I found out he was going to this was faaar more abusive :smiley: . As you say he has earned it.

[quote=“HughB”]
Hahah the email I sent to Justin when I found out he was going to this was faaar more abusive :smiley: . As you say he has earned it.
[/quote]I hooked him up with the email address etc and all I got was a restraining order :slight_smile:

An unexpected behavior that I just discovered… If I’m on a page and hit the “Log On” link in the top right corner then I get logged on and it sends me to my account page. I would expect it to redirect me back to the page I was on when I hit the log on button.

!!! URGENT !!!

Something seems to have changed in the past hour and submitting to the forum via Chrome is no longer working. Works fine in IE. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

I am… chrome submit is busted. this came from IE10. need to redo my last three…

Post made in Chrome.

From Chrome…working.

OK, an update.

When I go to the default community page, the browser is in “IE10 Compat View” browser mode and “IE7 Standards” document mode.

When I am in that mode, I get the shifting-CSS issue I posted about before where the clicked link moves from under the mouse. I also get the multi-page mouse-over experience I talked about before - the cursor doesn’t change to indicate hyperlink but the click does perform that.

I went into F12 mode and changed document mode to IE9 Standards mode, and these issues were no longer evident. So seems like maybe you need to be explicit about what rendering mode you expect to use.

And one more thing that didn’t happen in the past (well I think it didn’t). When I started typing a reply, I hit escape and my typed response disappeared.

Post here if you encounter double posting. The issue should be fixed.

Wow! That’s a lot of points!

It’s probably hidden in plain sight, but are the rewards listing on the new site yet?

With the old site you could click on your profile and have a link to "your post’ and “your codeshares” now the only way I find this is if you name is on say the “latest activity list” then you can click on that and it will take you to http://www.ghielectronics.com/community/user/11711

which has all the links. I would suggest you put a link for this page on the profile page.

@ -Cowboy

On the Main Page you can follow the Menues to "My Posts"
On the CodeShare site you can follow to “My Submissions”

The ability to update CodeShare is missing. Any idea when it will be available? I’ve got updates. Guess I’ll work on documentation until then…

Is insider access still broken?