Sell your own modules, GHI will support

I think the fear is that you’ll become one of those guys in Star Wars who had his hand cut off by a laser… :wink:

Haha true enough :slight_smile:

I put a new module on the Community Offers wiki page, enjoy. :wink:

@ soldermonkey - Nice module. I’m curious how it works on a Y socket. Have you tested it with a Hydra?

More modules! Awesome!

Yes it works on the Hydra.

And as for working on a Y port the driver just bit bangs it, so yes there is a performance hit/max step rate on a Y port. However it gives you absolute control over precise step counts. Because of thread switching you will be hard pressed to get an exact number of counts out of the PWM pins. And the opposite is true, in that you will have very tight control over steps per second(RPM) in PWM mode.

@ soldermonkey - do you have a project video or pictures you could post in the wiki of your module in action? Might help sales :wink:

Sure…

Wow soldermonkey, you have been busy. I know a few people here that will be interested in your IMU and the rotary encoder not to mention the triple slider :slight_smile:

Awesome stuff

SolderMonkey I just went to order your Little Stepper Module, entered in all my information etc, but it didn’t ask me about my payment method etc, so email me so I can send you some money and you can send me that module.

Looking forward to your other modules as well.

GGrrr, silly open souce shopping carts…
I’m working on it.

Having started a couple of companies I know the hassles of getting a sales system up and running and I feel your pain but also your excitement of getting an endeavor off the ground and running.

I look forward to getting your LittleStep Module, and to your future module offerings.

Perhaps given the success that I think Gadgeteer module vendors will have perhaps getting some web sales sites suggestions might be in order. Any one using a DotNetNuke based system for example, or what platforms are people using or planning on using for their Gadgeteer Module sales sites?

Thanks

I was going in that direction, but got really busy so this is on hold for now, but I am planning to use something like:

I am also interested to hear about experiences (best practices) when setting up/running your own online store.

Thanks

I’ve ran a webshop selling Arduino’s and stuff from SparkFun (even FEZ Panda’s 8) )

Uses Zencart which was up and running fairly quickly. Lotsa free payment modules available and installing paypal for example is a piece of cake.

Is it still running? What is the link?

Nope, it ran too hard, had to make the choice between my own webshop or my current job… I choose the later… :slight_smile:

@ Gus / Architect:

[quote]After alignment, we did cut one sheet but the laser worked fine on one side but not on the other side. Needs more alignment. After seeing the 80W laser in action, no one want to touch it. They are scared.

Any volunteers to come and play with it and make it work?[/quote]

If Michigan were within a day’s driving distance, I’ll be all about it. Just pack it up and ship it to me with my next order and I’ll get it working! :smiley:

Once I get my designs down, will send a DXF your way and see what you can do with the laser if someone is brave enough to hit the start button with a really really long pole.

For that matter, once I get the design down, will post a rendering.

@ soldermonkey: digging your stepper controller module! Will have to order a coupla-three in the very near future!

-SP

@ GHI

How about satellite office in Virginia - GHI Laser Cutting Services :smiley:

I have plenty of room in my garage!

What kind of power drain does that laser cutter have I wonder?
@ Architect I suspect if you put it in your garage the power company would make you a non exec director of power consumption :smiley:

I honestly don’t think it would be that much. After all, it’s an 80W laser. Less than a big incandescent light bulb.

But, instead of converting 80% of its energy to heat, and 20% to omnidirectional white light (and bunch of other wavelengths), it concentrates all that power into a single wavelength that gets optically amplified and focused on a small area. It would be like comparing the pressure exerted by a cubic mile of atmosphere as it currently sits on top of you, versus that same cubic mile of atmosphere compressed to 1/800th of its volume, and then applying the weight of the resulting liquid onto a square inch. You still have the same amount of molecules you’re using to produce force, but how you utilize that force is radically different. :smiley:

1 Like