Sell your own modules, GHI will support

Then Jack Bauer bursts in and takes out the accused suicide bomber…

Dude, I just spurted tea all ove my keyboard! Proper LOL moment ;D

In the aftermath of the takedown, authorities discover the charred inventor’s body clutching a note, with only a few legible words…

You mean the last txt from his iPhone said “Me bonkers nut bombs”… Convicted. Autocorrect strikes another victim. :smiley:

You mean you don’t have one, I thought everyone had one by now.

Gus, this is a great idea. Thanks for putting it out there.

Pete

If you are environment cautious as I am

Biodegradable anti-static bags:

http://www.all-spec.com/products/Packaging^_Paper^_and_Film|Bags_and_Bag_Sealers|PAK-01/?brand=All-Spec

I have just ordered these.Will be shipping all my modules using these “green” bags.

Nice! Prices are odd, though. 4x6 is $25 per 1000 and 3x3 is $53 per 1000? Ah well, must be the former is the most popular size.

3x3 is zip top
4x6 is open top

@ Architect

Funny you should mention static bags. I just ordered a bunch myself. :slight_smile:

Static bags may not yield the result you seek :slight_smile:

I just threw a bunch out, as the tree hugger in me didn’t know what to do with them all as I use one of these to keep all my modules etc in.

http://www.creativeoptionscrafts.com/product.asp?product=21

Sometimes I take a bit of flack over this until I whip out the Gadgeteer modules and slam together a Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator and then the laughing stops and everyone suddenly thinks its a really nice storage case.

Now if I can just get some project boards to keep in the top so I don’t have to reassemble my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator every time someone snickers.

Careful with those bags if you are handling sensitive ICs- they don’t build up static but discharges can go through them :o

Right. Dave on eevblog just did a test of anti-static bags. Unless you get the grayish-bluish metallized bags, you’re mostly wasting money.

Pete

@ Duke,

Funny, my travel case comes from the same line, and Pete (among others) has razzed me about the colors. But they’re great cases, especially for the price…

I’ve found the boxes from ReallyUsefulProducts.com (Go Shopping - Really Useful Boxes - Full Range) are great sizes and fit in my laptop bag well. You can find them direct, at office supply stores or from a few select vendors on amazon.

OfficeMax had the 0.14 litre boxes on sale for 2/$1 through the end of March (I believe), which are great for around 8-9 Multicolor LEDs, probably a dozen LED7R, two joysticks, 3-6 of most other modules with cables.

Anyhow, back to the real topic - would mounting boards in various configurations for a mainboard and provisions to run cables and mount individual modules be considered something to put on the module page?

GHI has a brand new laser cutter that collects dust at the moment :wink:
I am sure there will be some offers enclosures and other beautiful mounting rigs for gadgeteer.

There were few “flat panel” designs on the forum already. If you have your own suggestion, please share.

After alignment, we did cut one sheet but the laser worked fine on one side but not on the other side. Needs more alignment. After seeing the 80W laser in action, no one want to touch it. They are scared.

Any volunteers to come and play with it and make it work?

@ Gus

[quote]After seeing the 80W laser in action, no one want to touch it. They are scared.
[/quote]

After seeing how much damage you guys could do with a quadcopter, I’d be scared, too. :slight_smile:

@ gus if I wasn’t in the UK I would love to. If only to get the chance to pretend to be one of those guys in star wars that pushed the button to activate the death star laser! ( and I’m eight years old again ) ahhhh happy memories :slight_smile: