Sell your own modules, GHI will support

@ moondragon
Cool thanks for the detail. that analogy makes perfect sense, i had a basic grasp of how a laser works but now it makes more sense :slight_smile:

Would anybody be interested in a Nordic nRF24L01+ Gadgeteer module?

Looks interesting. I think GHI is making one as well, just heads up for you.

@ errol - Nice!

Gralin already has the driver written at http://nrf24l01.codeplex.com . Architect is correct about GHI doing one of these. Check with Gus. I ordered a few gadgeteer friendly modules for existing nRF24L01+ boards from Laen and should have them in hand this week. I can send you one, if you want to test Gralinā€™s code while this is being fabbed. Will you be hand soldering the SM stuff? How did you go about tuning the antenna?

We have been busy with other modules but we want to offer this one as well in near future. Maybe we can work with yo on the module.

Nice looking module.

This is actually the radio part of a board I just received from DorkbotPDX, assembled it this weekend and is still busy with testing. Antenna matching is all done in 0402 parts and hand assembly(solder paste + hot air) went without a hitch.

The antenna design is based on the app note from Nordic, but I left some pads to extend the antenna for some tunability.

This board adds a pic18 and coin cell holder. It will be my remote low power nodes for collecting data for my Gadgeteer moduleā€¦

What do you have in mind? :slight_smile:

Runs on just a coin cell? Veddy nice!

@ errol - Sweet!

Iā€™m aiming for 4.5+ months from from a 36mAh coin cell. Transmitting one payload to the Gadgeteer every 10 seconds.

If you stretch that to one payload every minute then you might get 18+ months.

But we will seeā€¦

This is one place where a 32 bit power hungry CPU doesnā€™t fitā€¦ :frowning:

There will be a great competition on the Nordic Gadgeteer module market;) Iā€™m very glad to see so much interest in this hardware as its very interesting for simple and cheap rf solutions.

@ Errol, have you tested or going to use my net mf library? Btw. I have added a gadgeteer project for it today.

Hello everyone,

I am interested in getting Android devices working with any Gadgeteer project. It helps me in my current project to use one or two Android phones as the ā€œbrainā€ to do more time consuming work such as computer vision etc. It looks like the hardware needed would just be a USB host module. And the majority of the work is in the software to implement ADB or ADK protocols in NETMF.

Is there a marketplace for software libraries such as an Android inter-operation library? I am thinking of dual-licensing the code, for Open Source and for commercial use.

This is what we designed with ransomhall regarding nRF24L01+ module. I guess ransomhall will post pics of the pcb any time soon. Of course dedicated module is better than adapter (like our) but this one has shorter time-to-market so we went this way.

@ kurutoga

You might be better off posting a new thread for that topicā€¦not really in-line with this thread.

devhammer: agreed. I was unable to delete the message. MOD please remove my previous message

Hereā€™s a nordic module hot off the soldering iron. Looks like I made a space for the socket type but forgot to add it ::slight_smile:

If anybody has existing nordic components with that pinout (5x2 0.1" pitch), I may have a couple extra boards available. Gralin gets first dibs.

Any high resolution ADC module?
Maybe 16 bit up to 24 bit.

Very cool ransomhall. Whatā€™s the range on these?

@ mhectorgato - not sure yet. I bought a few of these just for this module, and have yet to play with them. Iā€™ll let you know when I do some testing.

The MIDI module is now up on the Wiki