Problem with chipworkX updater

I am trying to load the firmware into a new Chx module and this error msg is got. Any idea about what it means…

I’ve never seen this error before. is it coming from SAM-BA Atmel tool? Restart the computer or try a different computer. Connect external power if you are not using a powered hub

I think so, because I searched in internet and it seems this error has something to do with SAM-BA. I already restarted the PC and same thing. External Power Supply is being used.

This is the notepad got together with this error msg.

I’m getting again the same error. I’m tried with different PCs and nothing changes, external power supply is being used, Any advance, idea or suggestion?.. ???

How did you fix it last time (2 months ago)?

I tried with different PCs until fortunately I found one who worked. This time nothing has worked. When this happens …a lot of time is wasting fixing the problem… when it can be finally fixed… :frowning:

It has been impossible …different PCs with different OS …nothing has worked!..it seems this is a hardware serious problem…any idea or suggestion will be welcome!::: :wall:

Start with thd basics. What do you see in device manager?

I have reviewed step by step the whole procedure, trying to find any mistake but it seems everything is ok. I don’t know what else to do… :’(

ok so that looks good. Now what are you using for power? Maybe USB power is weak. Try a power pack.

Your ChipworkX is not blank. From here, you can load tinybooter.

An external power supply is being used.

What does it mean this?: “Your ChipworkX is not blank. From here, you can load tinybooter”

I meant to say “now blank” :slight_smile:

By the way, is the jumper is still in place on the chipworkX module? Please double check.

I have been executing the emergency process as indicated in GHI documentation. Using a external power supply and unplugging the usb cable then removing the jumper…plugging the usb cable and jumper in place again.

Even better! So if you remove the jumper on power up you see COM port on device manager but if you don’t then you see the NETMF drivers?

Sorry :-[ I don’t understand what you mean…please make clear…thanks!

Do not touch the jumper and rest the board. What do you see in device manager?

I see driver installed in COM3 …the same than JPG sent before. I don’t understand if I have to look at some where else …please let me know

I am not sure if I’m misunderstanding something…When I restart the module with out removing the jumper nothing appears in device manager…is like if nothing had been plugged into usb port. I don’t know if this is your question…