MakeBread Module v1.0

Glad I’ve already got that part covered. :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to get home this afternoon to see if mine arrived while I was in Seattle.

Count me in for 4 of these on your next order.

Speaking of next order.

@ ransomhall You need to flip connector 180.

I have at least a couple planned for this year. Just have to find time to get started…

I mentioned that during the design phase… :wink:

I would be up for a handful of these as well.

@ architect and @ ianlee74 - flip the connector 180? Did I miss something in the module guidelines?

[edit] found it…

Well, you have stated that it is not a true gadgeteer module, but it is inconvenient that the plugged cable goes over the pins.

I flipped the cable as well, so did not have it over the pins. I did not notice (nor mind) that the mainboard cable end was headed in instead of out. Spatial dyslexia :slight_smile:

Corrected for the next batch. Thanks for pointing it out.

You are welcome! Just to be sure you did rerouting, right?

Yep, just finishing up. I also created another version of the board without the diode.

For someone like me - aka hardware n00b - I wouldn’t even know that I should/would need a diode.

@ ransomhall

Got back to the house this afternoon and found my kits waiting for me. Have to say, VERY nice job on the packaging. Much nicer than I did with mine. :-[

Well done!

@ devhammer - Thanks. I think I’ve got all the kinks worked out, thanks to the feedback here and easy to use USPS Paypal integration. Time for something a little more interesting :wink:

Look…TWINS! :slight_smile:

One question…what should I be reading across the Schottky diode when testing for continuity? I get 0 ohms across all the pins except the diode, which reads 3.63kohms. Is that what I should expect?

Reading across the diode one direction will read a small resistance like you are seeing. If you reverse the meter leads you should read an open circuit. If your meter has a diode test feature that would be the setting to use.

Happy breadboarding your next module idea!

I feel like Gene Wilder in Young Frankenstien, particularly 0:25-0:30.

Finally… v2 is in the house. I’ll be mailing outstanding orders, updating my website, and making plenty of toast this weekend.

Here’s a loaf that needs slicing…

Looks awsome :slight_smile: I’m a little jealous of this module because it’s so simple and useful at the same time! When i look at the wiki page about community modules and see the growing list I start thinking that soon if one is not on that list he will be considered a noob ;D I don’t know if a software guy like me can make into the list though :wink:

This is a module maker’s module, so start making!

Gralin, if I design the hardware, you write the drivers, and we’ll both be rich and famous, ok?