MakeBread Module v1.0

@ Gralin

If I can design a module that works, I suspect that most folks can…I’m not much of a hardware geek myself, still very much a noob.

And don’t forget the fantastic community here…they helped me a bunch with my IR module, and I’m sure they would help with any module you cared to design.

@ godefroi - The cerb40 prototype and onewire extender boards are ready to go. Do I have your mailing address? Couldn’t find it in my email. Send to my alias at gmail. Thx.

@ godefroi: Sure if you have and idea for a module we can team up and i will be responsible for the software :slight_smile:

@ devhammer: Indeed if it’s true that you didn’t have hardware expirience before making the IR module than you are a living proof that this community can help software guys fill gaps in hardware knowledge and the other way as well.

It wasn’t that many months ago that devhammer was asking advice about buying a soldering iron. He’s quite the success story. :smiley:

Following his exploits certainly motivated me to do something as well. I’m still too chicken to come out and ask for help, but I’m sitting on an amateurish module design as well. One of these days soon I’ll ask for some help with it. For the record, I’m also a software guy. Haven’t touched electronics in 20 years.

You’ll find most of us are like that, or have zero prior electronics experience. I myself started with a Netduino in a hotel room in September 2010:

Prior to that, I had zero electronics experience and had never used any sort of microcontroller board.

It has been a great journey :slight_smile:

Pete

@ ian

That’s kind of you to say, but it’s important to note that I’ve had a LOT of help along the way. I seem to remember a certain someone sending me a little care package of components to get me started, not to mention plenty of encouragement along the way. :slight_smile:

@ MoonDragon

Knowing that I helped inspire other folks to try new stuff is about the best reward I could get for doing this. It’s fun, too, of course. But I’m delighted to know that it’s giving other folks a boost. ;D