List of topics with unread posts

Could we say that this forum is not like the others ? :wink:

Then we could say at this point that we do not want URL-images :wink:

I agree.

Defiantly no URL images! The forum shouldn’t depend on external links. IF we support attachments or avatar then they should be built into the forum.

Hi Gus,

For some reason, the “Unread” and “Mark all Read” buttons keep disappearing. Is this suppose to happen?

Don’t these only show if there are new posts only?

Ah, ok. That explains it. Thank Gus. :slight_smile:

For the most part, the “new replies” button is working wonderfully, although I think there may be a few bugs, since every once-in-a-while a post that is new doesn’t show up. Also, new threads don’t seem to show up.

Otherwise, it works great! :slight_smile:

I believe that’s because we keep logged in. (like keeping the page open). Once we log in again (open the site overnew) I believe they get displayed.

I don’t know… Your last answer to the contest thread was not marked as unread for me, for example.
I’m not sure that messages in the “Contest & free gifts” forum (and others ?) are treated like other messages.

When you log out and log back in it should be displayed.

I have had examples where new posts were indeed not displayed. Next time I will take screenshots or make a note of it. :wink:

It looks like that there’s a cron job running at intervals :confused: Your last message here did appear as unread although I’ve already read it some hours ago…

New post checks are done at two points…

1. On log in
  2. Five minutes since the last check while logged in

So if a check was just made and someone made a new post it will not show until five minutes have passed. Do you really need it to check faster? I’m not sure… maybe if your a troll :stuck_out_tongue: lol

I’m not a troll, so I don’t need faster than 5 min :slight_smile:

However, I’m quite sure that I could see that new messages were posted long after 5min and the “show unread” button didn’t appear. I will try to look more precisely at it, just to be sure.
It’s not really important for me as I’m using the “send mail” option to be warned if some selected subjects got answers.

This is correct, I’ve had this too.

Me three. Usually, I end up spotting those posts by myself before the new posts page picks them up.

The disconnect/connect method does work, though.

Maybe we are the only trolls in a monkeys’ world ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, me too.

I guess we are!
Maybe we should get a special edition FEZ named FEZ Troll edition :slight_smile:

Why not putting a permanent link to unread posts ? This way you wouldn’t have to log out then log in to have new posts.

I suppose that the page http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/unread/ contains mainly a SQL request and some display code ?

troll Here and sometimes it has been quite a lot longer then 5 minutes. I see some only come up after i log in and out. Maybe because they were ones i was already told had new posts and i went to them but had even newer ones alter in the hour. To be honest I spend way to much time refreshing the forum page.