List of topics with unread posts

I’m going to make the forum flawless after code exchange is completed.

Thanks Josh, take your time :wink:

ooops wrong place

moved my reply to proper thread

It would also be good to have Just-My topics. This would show only threads that I have posted in that have new comments. As a filter to check back on things you either posted or more questions on things you may have answered (or not).

Josh, the unread thing doesn’t seem to be working now - it’s worse than before i believe. Maybe it’s just me???

Over the last few days it’s seemed to be only when I am logged in when it keeps track of new posts coming in. When I refresh the page of the unread URL, I get nothing, then if i refresh it while my session is still open I will see any new posts. But other than that, nothing.

Anyone else seeing that?

I’m a little confused. If you log out and come back a day later and log in you don’t see new posts? New post checks are done on most refreshes (while logged in). They are also done when you log in. If you’re not logged in, you won’t get updates or see unread messages in the list.

yeah ok, i may have been half asleep explaining that :wink:

Let me preface this by saying this morning I got a heap of new unread posts. Maybe it’s “better” now…

Anyway, here’s what I am trying to say.

I leave a browser tab open and on the /unread URL. If i want to see whats going on I jump to that tab and refresh it.

Yesterday, if I had an ACTIVE session to the server, and hit the /unread/ url, I am shown a list of new posts (ie ones that have come in when I was reading/replying to others).

If my session had expired and I refresh the /unread/ url, I got the “welcome back you’ve been logged in” message, but NO messages found in the list of unread.

does that explain it better?

still doing what i saw previously. Came back after a day or more, refreshed the /unread/ URL, and no topics listed. Then refresh in a few mins and there appears one (an active conversation). Then I troll thru the forums and find more posts I haven’t seen.