FEZ Game-O, an open-source console

Currently at 25% of goal, but a long way to the $1,000,000 mark. :slight_smile:

Who got the pink one? Justin?

1 Like

As I recall, pink was reserved for Superhero members

This looks like a pretty cool idea.
Why didnā€™t you opt for the widescreen/touch screen though? That would have opened up so many more possibilities. Would it be possible to switch it out?

Bigger screen == bigger case && more memory. I would say it is not possible to switch.

Hmm. This is true. I didnā€™t think of the memory limitations.
Though I would vote for hardware mods. In terms of size it probably wouldnā€™t be too hard to allow for a larger screen (even if it ships with a smaller one) and use a bezel of some sort to pad it and keep it in place. Also replacing the AAA batteries with a rechargeable battery pack would be nice.

Otherwise it looks fantastic guys! Great work.

50% funded in first day! Good start!

Well Pink is the new black :whistle:

+107 to the cable.

Is backing for 2 devices ok, and do I add $25 or $50 post?

Real men carry pink!

@ Brett - I will have to get back to you on the shipping. When we calculated shipping we calculated one box a certain size with tracking. I will talk to the shipping dept when they get in and ask about adding multiple quantities to that same box.

Ok, I canā€™t really afford it but it will force me to finish my RPG game I started writing on the spider (Although dropping glide and creating a UI using the controllers instead).

I will just need to find a way of saving data somewhere.

So Iā€™ve pledged :slight_smile:

Jas

@ jasuk70 - Thank you! :slight_smile:

I am in placed my support yesterday (special edition black!) this is very cool!

@ swestcott - Thank you! :slight_smile:

Yep, going from 1 item to 2 we would need to add the additional $25 because we are going up in size on the shipping boxes.

Congratulations on launching this!

+1 on wanting STEP or other editable 3d files for the case to let some of us 3d print replacements if we want. That will really complete the open source offering. :slight_smile:

Bonus points for referencing the C64 ā€“ maybe I need to get some light brown PLA and print up a breadbox tribute case :wink:

There are two buttons on the case - one under the d pad, one under the right main buttons. They look like I might hit them with the meat of my thumbs while using the other buttons. How are these in practice?

Finally, are the ā€œget it before everyone elseā€ white ones production units, or are they prototypes?

Pete

Everything is production, no prototypes. We will clarify.

Thanks for the feedback.

I havenā€™t kept up with things lately due to Build and Windows 8.1 and vacation and whatnot.

How hackable is this? For example, does the MCU have any unused pins broken out for expansion or other stuff? (even if just a few pads on the board).

Of course, this is a great idea just as-is, but I could see starting with something like this and then hacking at it to build really customized games in all sorts of custom 3d printed cases.

Pete

@ Pete Brown - and add bt le for win 8.1 :wink:

1 Like