Completing the NETMF 4.2 SDK and moving towards NETMF 4.3!

How about 4.3 firmware for all existing hardware? Any news…

Hi. When will release 4.3, as was written in the post-release will be in a few weeks, and have already passed 2 months. Or release the 4.3 or do not need to engage in self advertising and attracting customers to the device and not fulfilling their obligation to the above mentioned. In the first instance we need 4.3 PPP as you wrote in point 3, paragraph “What to come in few weeks?”

Gus wrote lately in an other thread that it’s about weeks, not month anymore.
If I were GHI I would always say: “When it’s done” :whistle:
But since I’m on the other side: we want it now >:)

They specifically said a few weeks, this phrase means up to a month. It’s been 2 months, this is called a few months!

Gus always says “a few weeks” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe Gus asks the same question to the GHI developers, and developers usually say “soon” or “it’s done, when it’s done”, or may be something like “it’s 95% percent finished” which means “I need at least as long as it already took”.

A few weeks is not the answer especially from the representative of GHI. A few weeks delitant can tell who is not confident.

And your products have always been 100% bug free, on time, with all customer requests, all the time?

Yes, of course, exactly on time, and 100% bug free. This business took the money if it means obliged to finish the work on time and without errors! And if you can not then do not undertake to work, sit at home and programmed for pleasure.

You probably came from another galaxy. I have yet to see a product that I [em]use on daily basis[/em] and which is bug-free.

Anyway, look at it from a different perspective. It is not a common phenomenon to see CEO hanging around in the forum and at least telling [em]something[/em].

I second Simon’s and the other similar opinions.

Although I haven’t been lately very satisfied with GHI’s support or NETMF in general, but to be fair, on this particular issue I believe all we can ask for is an honest explanation for the delay, which hasn’t been that bad!

Software/firmware business is very unpredictable, tell me about it!

Cheers!

1 Like

In this thread there is a discussion of who can not write code without errors, and talk about that by a representative of the company said that the GHI in a few weeks they will release 4.3 firmware and under their statements people are starting to realize Drafts waiting for release 4.3. but it’s been 2 months and 4.3 and no. If not sure that people do not need reassuring!

I guess you have a point, too…

You are absolutely right! If you can not do at the time, but then at least promised to declare that the people do not have time and for any reason.

What point do you mean?

@ kos_ds

Besides the newly PPP feature to be added, would you kindly share with us what problem(s), if any, you are hoping Ver 4.3 will solve for you?

Thanks

1 Like

In Ver 4.3 I just want to PPP. Module will use G120. No other problems!

@ kos_ds

Man you’re lucky! You don’t have any problems! I don’t know how far are you in your current implementation?

Check out my problem(s)!

More Complete G120 Custom Watchdog + RLP

Cheers!

Any update on version 4.3?

Few days now. We ended up making major changes but we think the changes will be great for almost everyone.