Completing the NETMF 4.2 SDK and moving towards NETMF 4.3!

@ godefroi - everything seem pretty stable, including networking.

Iā€™ve been gone for a while. Starting last summer I unable to do anything with .NETMF. In the end I moved to a new home and tried to setup a new computer. The result is that I have been trying to install GHI software on the new computer.
i7
24 GB ram
500GB HD
Windows 7
VS2012
and the latest release from GHI.
What I am having trouble with, is that when trying to create a .NETMF project I no longer see the the templates for projects based on Panda or Cerbiuno.
Have I missed something?
I installed .NETMF, and the GHI packages in that order.

Its when updates like this come out that you begin to realize just how many mainboards you have. I think I have all my Spiders updated, next up Cerberuses and then Hydras and then Raptors.

@ Dave - The templates are only for 4.1 devices in VS2010.

@ architect Then I take it the old non-gageteer approach is no-longer available for even the Cerbiuno.
Not a problem, like I said I have been gone for a while and have to start over again from scratch.
Thanks for the inpu.

You can use plain netmf without Gadgeteer. You just need to add the references manually. That was the only benefit of the old templates - automatic inclusion of the board specific references.

Welcome back!

:dance:

Canā€™t wait for the PPP to be added. That is so going to make my product work exactly as it was supposed to do in the first place. Well done guys. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Are you taking up the cellular stuff again?

Once I have working PPP and stable UART at 57600+ then I will be looking at it again.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œGusā€]@ godefroi - everything seem pretty stable, including networking.[/quote]Once I get everything updated Iā€™ll be doing another round of testing https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=14607

Should be interesting as there have been reported improvements on three levels, firstly the SDK, @ ppatierno Ī¼PLibrary (has the ThingSpeak client) and I think even ThingSpeakā€™s improvements might be in place by now., so this should be a rocking combination.

Does it only work for drones? :smiley:

@ mhectorgato - What do you mean?

I think it is because you misspelled Plain with Planeā€¦ :-[

1 Like

[em]plane[/em] netmf :wink:

1 Like

Oh I see. Sorry. Fixed.

Just my sense of humor at work ā€¦ thus the :smiley:

I know I have many misspellings myself.

A new version of tinybooter again! Wasnā€™t it supposed to stay unchanged forever?

That is the goal but sometimes we have no choice. For example, when switching the netmf core.

@ GHI some confusion from the GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 Release Notes.rtf

SDK Version 2014 R1 (v1.0.7)
January 29, 2014

Firmware/Lib Version Info

ā€¢ EMX v4.2.11.2, TinyBooter v4.2.11.1
ā€¢ G120 v4.2.11.2, TinyBooter v4.2.11.1
ā€¢ G400 v4.2.11.2, TinyBooter v4.2.11.2
ā€¢ GHI Premium NETMF Library v4.2.11.1

Looking at the Add Reference window within VS2010 thereā€™s no any file that mentions 4.2.11.2

1 Like

@ RobvanSchelven - that is the firmware version, not libraries. The release notes show the library version, which is what you see.