April 25th SDK package

I cant find any references to the fezCerbuinoBee anymore nowhere.
In which resource package should it now be?
The only new package i have found is the GHI.hardware.fezcerb but there i found only the real port definitions not the arduino header definitions .

@ NielsNL2 - ok now I know what you mean :slight_smile: Those were removed from SDK but we provide the class on the cerbuino developerā€™s guide instead http://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/45/fez-cerbuino-bee-developer

This will keep the SDK clean but still give you everything you need.

Let us know if you need further assistance please.

Note that FEZCerb DLL found in SDK is generic that covers all Cerb-family products. Individual needs are handled in the individual ā€œdeveloperā€™s guidesā€

Okay now i get it too.
Gus, can you please add those links to to changelog as well for future reference.
And maybe put those code snapshots in codeshare :wink:

Iā€™m getting some oddness in the USB driver. It connects and disconnects repeatedly. This did not happen with VS2010.

I completely uninstalled all GHI and NETMF code prior to reinstalling the 4.2 and GHI packages.

Did I forget to do something?

Thanks,

Barrett

Try different USB port.

1 Like

Just tried to deploy firmware to my Bee. Itā€™s a fresh install with the new SDK and VS2012 express. Its Win8 32bit and usb 2.

Did the DFU update and am getting stuck deploying the firmware.

Happy to see the new SDK will announce. However, if it canā€™t support VS 2010, maybe some customers will getting some troubles.
For example, my working computer is XP, the VS2012 canā€™t install in the XP. It is hard to convince the boss to change the XP OS to Win7 just because the NEW SDK. Many software in my working computer only support XP, It is hard to upgrade in near future.
So I need two computers(one for VS2012, one for VS2012),need more NETMF boards for different SDK version. Not very smart, but this what I can do now.

SslStream AuthenticateAsClient is not working on Cobra 1.

This line of code worked before upgrading to the latest SDK:

this.sslStream.AuthenticateAsClient(targetHost);

Here is the exception:

#### Exception System.NotSupportedException - CLR_E_NOT_SUPPORTED (5) ####
#### Message: 
#### Microsoft.SPOT.Net.Security.SslNative::SecureClientInit [IP: 0000] ####
#### Microsoft.SPOT.Net.Security.SslStream::Authenticate [IP: 0051] ####
#### Microsoft.SPOT.Net.Security.SslStream::AuthenticateAsClient [IP: 000c] ####
#### Microsoft.SPOT.Net.Security.SslStream::AuthenticateAsClient [IP: 0009] ####

I also tried this, and it generated the same error:

this.sslStream.AuthenticateAsClient(targetHost, new SslProtocols[] { SslProtocols.TLSv1 });

Any ideas?

Did you update the ssl seed?

Gus - Thanks, I just tried that and am getting mixed results in MF Deploy.

The ā€œoutputā€ window in MFDeploy says:

Updating SSL seedā€¦
Update Complete!

But at the same time I get a popup error message (see image).

@ Tzu Hsuan - not GHIā€™s fault. blame MS.

Windows XP support from MS ends in less than a year. I guess the MF team team felt their resources would be better spent by only supporting the latest VS.

Thanks Mike
I know it is not GHIā€™s fault.

Letā€™s be crystal clear, the reason nobody is investing in making stuff work on XP is as Mike says, that XP has limited life. I would be very surprised if your 3rd party apps canā€™t work on Win 7 quite frankly, has anyone tried them? Tell me a few and Iā€™ll tell you what I can find on compatibility.

Are you sure you updated the tinyboot first? It worked fine for me. Although iā€™m using win7.

I used the STM updater app as laid out in the Cerberus developer page.

Did you make sure to follow the step of ā€œCreate from Mapā€ and Erase first before updating the TinyBooter?

Yup - did that first and then the download - there were no errors displayed in that process.

@ mhectorgato

Do you have the ability of trying the process on another PC?

The other computer (Win8 64 w/usb 3) I have wonā€™t work with my Spider. I can give this a try.