Your PC becomes your gadgeteer mainboard!

@ Gus - Any expected date for available samples

We even have a mini version now :wink:

Can you show a picture? :slight_smile:

I’m getting curious :slight_smile:

Maybe i am not intent to use the board as where it was originally designed for (More Power), but to speed up application development by eliminating deploying/flashing all the time.

Although not related to this thread, yesterday i realized that when using a board with enough RAM it would be nice if it is possible to deploy managed code to RAM during the development stage and execute and test from there. This will eliminate flashing and makes the development also more productive, i guess

I guess that would depend on how portable the code can be between full NET & NETMF.

Without knowing the details, I suppose you could write all your sensor “business” logic on the desktop and that would be directly portable. Not sure if interactions with sensors would be portable or not, so might need to create interfaces and deal with the different platforms that way.

@ mhectorgato - Sure, much code can be made portable between MF and NETMF and could be tested on windows desktop. Its more meant for the code that communicates with external hardware.

Gus said they would be providing DLLs to allow you to interact with the hardware.

So I imagine you could work on the GPIO, SPI, I2C, etc. manipulation of modules, and then re-use that code and/or logic in the NETMF equivalent.

What you’re suggesting is a different way of looking at Lynx than I thought of.

My thinking was - what if I wanted to make an object tracking or facial recognition, etc type of device. You could do that heavy lifting with a low powered PC, and then H/W interactions could be do via Lynx (thinking of them like Phidget ++).

@ mhectorgato - correct

Now it’s waiting until a device becomes available :wink:

Gus, can you give us any estimated time frame when this is going to become available? Even if its just to nearest month or so.

I’ve been watching this space with a lot of interest. Part of my job description is develop automated test jigs for our production line. Traditionally we use expensive equipment to measure voltages and currents and toggle I/O’s etc. But I think using a Gadgeteer mainboard with some modules and this is a cheaper and more versatile alternative. Quite looking forward to this becoming available.

How does few days sound to you? :slight_smile: we are very close.

1 Like

A few days sounds just great!

@ Gus - A few days… please be careful by creating expectations… there’s a big difference between a few days to announcement and a few days to be available.

1 Like

Have you seen the video on kickstarter we announced couple days ago?

Sure i did, good presentation :wink:

I see, sorry about any confusion.

Just in case someone reads this thread and like me did not realize it yet… The Lynx is on sale already. I just ordered mine and looking forward to get started with it. :smiley: