World meet mBuino!

@ Gary - WOW!

Exactly the response that everyone will have when they open their mbuino packages.

@ Mike - you can delete the email I got from your deleted post! :smiley:

@ Gary - :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope the mBuino will be around for a long time. It is going to be perfect for all those small projects. Iā€™m already regretting that I didnā€™t just buy a whole bag full and kept the rest in the fridge for many years to come.! :slight_smile:

I poked around mbed.org and tried to create a simple project. I canā€™t find the mbuino in the list of available platforms. What did you use for your demo app?

@ Architect - The mbed page isnā€™t live yet, we are still tweaking the platform and the platform page.

@ Gary :open_mouth: :frowning: (Sigh)

Found a way to work around!

All you have to do is select a platform that has similar MCU. I have tried mbed LPC11U24 platform:

http://mbed.org/platforms/mbed-LPC11U24/

imported Aronā€™s blinky test:

compiled and dropped it on mBuino

It works!

I wish mBuino had a user button. May be for next version.

I assume the mBuino is too small to have a version of the mBed firmware that support CMSIS-DAP?

I bought a LPC1768 mBed board, and was able to get full debugging functionality with the free versions of uVision 5 and LPCXpresso. uVision 5 is limited at a 32KB program, and LPCXpresso is limited at 256KB.

The online mBed compiler supports exporting projects to both of these IDEs.

1 Like

I think the CMSIS code can be squeezed into the mBuino LPC11U24. If the required pins are broken out, the mBuino can be used to debug another mBuino or even the G120 or the mBed 1768.

This is one of the projects that I want to attempt on the mBuino after I get it and play around with.

2 Likes

How is it going with mBuino? Are you guys close to bringing platform page up on mbuino.org?

@ Architect - There is an issue with a core mbed api. They are working on it, as soon as it is fixed, we should be able to release the platform.

Mbed working on it or GHI?

Thanks.

Mbed

Got my mBuino just today and it is still not on the mbed website :ā€™(
that is not a really good startā€¦

@ NilesDavis - We are all waiting for mbed to release new SDK that has needed bits for mBuino. Meanwhile you can program it by choosing a platform that has the same MCU.

You can use a platform like the Arch until the mbed SDK is out with the mBuino platform.

The platform is live now!

http://mbed.org/platforms/Outrageous-Circuits-mBuino/

1 Like