What would you name a new FEZ?!...get yours for free!

The Phoenix is a pretty unversally known mythical creature…

From WikiPedia:

I still like my first suggestion though: Mongoose

If we’re sticking with animal names…
FEZ Chameleon (able to change for it’s environment)
FEZ Caterpillar (molts into something different)
FEZ Amoeba (it can change its shape)

Well not to toot my own horn, I posted Phoenix early on in this thread and my justification is because of Rebirth aspect associated with it being the evolution of the Domino.

Most non-english speaking based from the West should get it and eastern cultures should either get or easily parallel it with their local customs/culture.

My 2 cents.

I think it’s a perfect name…:slight_smile:

Mike in MN

So…

Am I allowed to guess an unlimited number of names?

If so, I think I’ll find a list of all the different animals, write a script to parse it and prepend “FEZ” to the front of the name, then post it here. There would be no doubt I would win, since sooner or later someone would like one of the names :stuck_out_tongue:

OK guys, it is time to nail this down! Here is a list of the finalists and I need you to pick your 3 favorite please. When you list your favorite 3, please put them in ORDER, most favorite goes first.

FEZ Rhino
FEZ Panda
FEZ Wasp
FEZ Iguana
FEZ Leopard (may have legal issues with Apple?)

FEZ Phoenix (sounds good but not everyone knows what it is, I have checked so I am sure)

FEZ Dominator (not an animal but I love that the name is close to domino. This may backfire and users can easily confuse Domino with Dominator)

Once name is figured out then we can talk about the design details :wink:

I didn’t see the previous post on Phoenix. I didn’t mean to steal your idea. My vote is for cncmike’s
FEZ Phoenix
FEZ Dominator
FEZ Leopard

OK guys, it is time to nail this down! Here is a list of the finalists and I need you to pick your 3 favorite please. When you list your favorite 3, please put them in ORDER, most favorite goes first.

FEZ Rhino
FEZ Panda
FEZ Wasp
FEZ Iguana

FEZ Phoenix (sounds good but not everyone knows what it is, I have checked so I am sure)

FEZ Dominator (not an animal but I love that the name is close to domino. This may backfire and users can easily confuse Domino with Dominator)

Once name is figured out then we can talk about the design details :wink:

[quote]FEZ Rhino
FEZ Panda
FEZ Wasp
FEZ Iguana
FEZ Leopard (may have legal issues with Apple?)[/quote]

I really only like “Wasp” out of that group. No hard feelings to the other names, but I don’t fancy them much.

Leopard is fast
Rhino is strong
Panda is cuddly

Phoenix is dead but you can wait until it is resurrected… Perhaps

FEZ Rhino (just sticks out to me. but i said this once already seems to roll off the tongue well.)
FEZ Dominator
FEZ Phoenix

How about we call it the FEZ Warhlepan? A combination of all of the top picks!

FEZ Warpelican :> thats what i read from you chris.

My Vote:

FEZ Wasp
FEZ Iguana
FEZ Rhino

[quote]FEZ Rhino
FEZ Panda
FEZ Wasp
FEZ Iguana

FEZ Dominator (not an animal but I love that the name is close to domino. This may backfire and users can easily confuse Domino with Dominator)[/quote]

Let’s pretend that we have a video. International viewers will have problems with wasp and iguana

FEZ Leopard will have legal issues. I can almost assure you that.

Remains:

FEZ Rhino
FEZ Panda
FEZ Phoenix
FEZ Dominator

Dominator sounds like some sort of terminator and hardcore DJ mix. Do not like that one, not for a microcontroller board.

My vote:

FEZ Panda
FEZ Phoenix
FEZ Rhino

Good luck :slight_smile:

[quote]FEZ Rhino
FEZ Panda
FEZ Wasp
FEZ Iguana

FEZ Dominator (not an animal but I love that the name is close to domino. This may backfire and users can easily confuse Domino with Dominator)[/quote]

Let’s pretend that we have a video. International viewers will have problems with wasp and iguana

FEZ Leopard will have legal issues. I can almost assure you that.

Remains:

FEZ Rhino
FEZ Panda
FEZ Phoenix
FEZ Dominator

Dominator sounds like some sort of terminator and hardcore DJ mix. Do not like that one, not for a microcontroller board.

My vote:

FEZ Panda
FEZ Phoenix
FEZ Rhino

Good luck :slight_smile:

Well if Phoenix is out…

I vote for Rhino.

Panda is too cute for something that sounds like it’s gonna be tough and an upgrade to the Domino.

Wasp would be a good one for a future upgrade to the Mini, small but fast?? Another contest??

cncmike

(Still thinking Phoenix suits the concept though…:)…)

FEZ Rhino - tough
FEZ Iguana - interesting
FEZ Panda - cute

:slight_smile:

Sounds like it is going to be a FEZ Rhino :smiley:

It’s sound like you are about to wrap up the name contest.
Before you’re doing so.
I like to purpose this new name:

FEZ Lynx

sam

Lynx was purposed at the office, along with Phoenix.

Both I believe are good names, but people said that not many people know of a “Phoenix” or a “Lynx”