What would you name a new FEZ?!...get yours for free!

I absolutely agreed with you on these two names which is a good names
I am not quite sure that people won’t know, what “Phoenix” or “Lynx” are!
(in case of “Phoenix”, Don’t they watch or read Harry Potter at all?)

my 2 cents about the criteria for naming convention:

the name should be unique enough to seperate yourself from other or different from other, the names we are trying to select is very common,
I heard “Rhino” a lot one of them is the name of 3D modelling software,
Panda is too specific to one country (China).

the name should be short and easy enough to say, and should go along real well with the primary name, FEZ.

people will find out of what’s the meaning of the name later if they find it attractive! Don’t you think? (Dictionary, or Goggling the name on the web)

It would be nice if you guys reconsider the name “Lynx” or “Phoenix”.
If so I vote for
FEZ Lynx
FEZ Phoenix

sam

Call it what ever :smiley: - even something like “FEZ - PCB”

BUT

It is a really cool and practical FEZ - both for hobby or for quick turn commercial !

Stay tuned all !

I am glad you liked what you saw. I wish you were able to join in the phone meeting that happened after the presentation.

I would have liked that, but since the dial-in# is not a toll free I need to use my ID# at the office for long distance - I was not comfortable doing this.

I have USA calling on my home phone and NOT on the cell phone :frowning:

I used a Plantronics USB headset for the Dim Dim session and the audio was crystal. This is the head set we use with Office Communicator (OCS) for desktop sharing and meetings.

Maybe I will be the only one that disagree, but I don’t think that animal name is suitable for a board that will follow the Domino… :confused:

This board will be more powerful than Arduino (more available pins), still with small PCB and done “the GHI way”. Where’s animal(s) here ? Domino wasn’t an animal, as far as I know.
Also, processor speed won’t increase, compared to Domino. I don’t see something “terrific” here. More powerful would mean FEZ Cobra, to me.

A successor to the FEZ Cobra would be well named with animal name, but why for the Domino ?

Anyway, that’s only my opinion, you do it the way you want :wink:

We are only trying to keep it more fun. With animal names, we can have some fun drawings like the monkeys we have around this website and in docs.

Maybe this will show that professional can also be fun and exciting since “professional look” is usually overly complicated and not fun at all!

Let us see how this goes…risky but maybe fun and more exciting.

Well I think no matter what the name, it will all be in the marketing or advertising. Doesn’t really matter if people get it, ( with regards to Phoenix being out), I don’t get the Domino name but it works.

Great product either way guys.

Mike in MN

It can be fun, indeed. That’s why I said it was just an opinion :slight_smile:

Too bad, I really liked FEZ Phoenix :frowning: My next vote would be for FEZ Rhino.

-Mike

The meeting was great. I got in at the last minute (The joke was that I was crashing the party LOL), but there were lots of good thoughts that got passed around.

I’m in time? :slight_smile:

FEZ Rapido

FEZ Meerkat
or
FEZ Ferret

I love these two animals.

[quote]OK guys, it is time to nail this down! Here is a list of the finalists and I need you to pick your 3 favorite please. When you list your favorite 3, please put them in ORDER, most favorite goes first.

FEZ Rhino
FEZ Panda
FEZ Wasp
FEZ Iguana
FEZ Leopard (may have legal issues with Apple?)

FEZ Phoenix (sounds good but not everyone knows what it is, I have checked so I am sure)

FEZ Dominator (not an animal but I love that the name is close to domino. This may backfire and users can easily confuse Domino with Dominator)

Once name is figured out then we can talk about the design details [/quote]

You guys are too late, just like me
:wink:

1)FEZ Panda
2)FEZ Panda
3)FEZ Phoenix

Did I mention I like FEZ Panda.

The new FEZ was named “FEZ Rhino”, this was done a few posts back.

I think we need a FEZ sharp 8)
hehe

Heh, JAMG, you do realize this thread is like 7 months old?

I will admit, it did get my hopes up seeing “Get yours for free” until I saw how old the thread was. I’d love to get a Rhino for free :dance:

yes i know this is an old topic, but i needed to say that a FEZ Sharp would be cool for the next time. 8)

In Spanish Domino its a simple game, and Damas its the name of the checkers game.
So I vote for:

FEZ Damas or FEZ Checkers

Another translatios of damas is women.

Ops I didnt realize that it was an old topic…

Maybe you should add a way to close old topics.