Visual Studio 2012 support added in latest SDK package

@ shelskip - Unless you are really special you should be using a Spider and not a Spider II

Edit 16 sec - i should have known… :smiley:

Problem resolved! I went with the default diagram that Visual Studio generates when you create a new gadgeteer project (uses Spyder II rather than Spyder). Being new to gadgeteer, minor details such as this are easily missed. Thanks for your quick replies!

After installing the SDK there is a new Cerberus mainboard in the tool box in Visual Studio which has a x socket at socket 5 and socket 6 instead of a y socket. So I can no longer use modules the with y socket at socket 5 und socket 6.
Is it possible to use the old Cerberus mainboard with the new SDK?

@ LarsO

Gadgeteerly speaking, those sockets should not be used as Y sockets as the higher “Y” pins are on a SPI bus, meaning that both sockets share the same 7, 8, and 9 pins. This is not good for conflict reasons. The Designer was changed to reflect this as well as the most recent silk screen on new produced boards. While this does not affect the overall performance of the Cerberus, it will, in fact, prevent socket/pin conflicts.

Will there be Windows 8 support for Debugging with CDC over USB?

@ kurtnelle - this was dropped over a year ago.