USB webcam support added in SDK version 1.0.15

I saw that, there were some responses which made me think they never heard of the framework.
It’s a good framework and I would LOVE to see this ported to netmf ;D

Well, what does it take to port it? If our project heads in the streaming direction, I will have to end up doing that … but might need some help from the community :slight_smile:

May be we can organize a community to do the framework porting/adapt?

I’m intrigued and can try to help. :slight_smile:

I’m eventually going to need some edge detection software for my project. So, I may be able to scrape up some time to help with this but probably not until the first part of 2012.

Sorry for the late reply (wonder if I can setup the forum to email/msg me when there is a response). I’m interested in streaming the video. Will a port be required for that?

Since a few of us are interested, maybe we should indeed organize a community project. What’s the best way to set this up? Codeplex? How do we collaborate with members in near real-time?

Thanks!

I’m going on memory of a few years back now… I started to port it to the Windows CE platform. It basically uses any frame capture method and then apples a bunch of image processing techniques on the frame. All the C# source is available. If I remember correctly I got stuck with CE not having one of the bitmap formats it uses a lot and I ran out of time.

It will be a very different animal on NETMF but a lot of hard work in the algorithms are in the source so someone enterprising should be able to have a go.

You’ll have to understand that there’s not a lot of horsepower on the NETMF boards so video processing may be asking for too much. With a dedicated encoder chip that handles compression maybe streaming will work.

And the panda doesn’t have ANY bitmap format… :slight_smile:

Hmm, someone needed help on a graphics shield that contains an FPGA. Bet you that can handle the decomperssion/displaying, no sweat, if you do a custom design for the FPGA… :slight_smile:

Edit:
Found it:
http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/2/4040/