USB webcam support added in SDK version 1.0.15

That one looks almost the same like the one I have ordered :smiley:
I hope mine works ;D

Great job adding it to the store :wink:

@ Robert. I will not buy from DealExtreme again. They sell your email address to other companies that sell products related to, or similar to, the ones you ordered from them.

Ordered a watch from them for my dad. Got watch junk mail for 6 months after my order from twenty different companies…

Really? That would not be so cool, lol :o
It’s ordered on a hotmail address anyway, so if it gets too much I stop using it :smiley:
Thanks for the tip/warning :slight_smile:

Anyone have a quick test app?

I have a new nice MS HD 1080P webcam I was hoping to do some image processing with on full .NET. Wonder how difficult it would be to fit an image processing library on the ChipworkX, or maybe a very light one on the EMX.

I have always wanted to see some image processing and now with webcam support, this would be a very nice feature.

Image processing was my intention too, but first I need a compatible webcam :smiley:

Will the webcam work with FEZ Rhino OEM Box for simply displaying (no saving) the webcam image in real time to the included LCD on the FEZ Rhino OEM Box?

LCD on rhino is 1bpp so it can’t show images! Plus webcam support is only available on EMX/ChipworkX based designs. FEZ Cobra can show and save images…or even send on network…etc.

Just FYI. The CANxtra, with it’s 4bpp works fine with the provided camera example code. It gives a psychedelic image, but I like it… :slight_smile:

I didn’t think to try camera on CANxtra. This is a crazy idea. I like it!

Look at AForge.NET :: Framework for image processing libraries. It is full size .net but should port easily to MF.

You just gave me work for this holiday weekend :slight_smile:

Wow really interesting framework…

Good stuff!

Wow that’s cool. We were just talking today about writing a Video encoder to stream video.

Gus - once you port it, will it allow me to stream video? :wink:

Thanks,
Nick

If I have to guess, no… :(.

Looks like it uses ffmpeg, which is a pc library, that will also have to be ported… :frowning:

And you are waiting for… what? :slight_smile:

Hmm, let me see. In order of priority:
[ulist]
Time.
Cobra(as CANxtra doesn’t do RPL, and Panda doesn’t do USB Camera).
A masochistic urge to port ASM from x86 to arm.
Better days…
[/ulist]
:slight_smile:

You guys never heard of aforge?
It’s a fantastic framework which I use for my robot. (reading usb joystick value connected to laptop)
Later on the image processing will be done with aforge too.

@ Robert: See the top of this page. :slight_smile:
[quoteLook at AForge.NET :: Framework for image processing libraries. It is full size .net but should port easily to MF.[/quote]