Unicorn.Net - The Mythical Spot Watch™

Galvanic Skin Response, long shot I know but…

Body temp?

Since we’re designing this for the geeks… How about a simple IR emmitter/receiver? I can see this being a fun controller for TV or robotics. IR Blaster? :smiley:

1 Like

Great call. Those are very cheap to add

2 Likes

I was box diving looking for some bits and pieces when i came across some NETMF wearable R&D nostalgia.

Radius mrk I - cira 2015 ** edit i looked - Sep 2014 - older than i thought! **

2 Likes

I have one of those in my Ingenuity Micro museum, and I just laid hands on it again yesterday. I wrote a bunch of code for it too, including a dynamic app loader that loaded each watch app from the filesystem into it’s own AppDomain. Who knows, maybe some of that code will live again.

That was a pretty nifty bit of engineering work there @Justin.

1 Like

This is supported in TinyCLR.

2 Likes

Then we better get @mcalsyn some new hardware asap :blush:

LOL you got to me new IDEA too

why do not put an 10" inch display as big clock for WALL / DESK
(a little expensive but more functions also for us with a lot of sensor behind)

• Wifi
  • CO2 sensor
  • Room Temp Sensor
  • Beeper
  • Weather
  • Nice Graphics (rounding family pictures etc)…
1 Like

Funnily enough, I am working on that very idea as I get back into playing with the dev kit. Been busy with 2 big work projects and now back at the dev kit and wondered what I could do. I got a wifi click module, the 7" LCD and I have a few sensors sending out MQTT messages around the house so I want to use this as an interface to them. Add a few local ones for dust sensing too.

3 Likes

Look what got!!

5 Likes

Its not real until there is video evidence :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

was it a new tub of hair gel ?

6 Likes

Careful with the hair comments… haven’t had mine cut for a while, no one to do it now, so my wife gave it a try… lol…

it’s the Covid-19 Cut, and I am also sporting one at the moment. You know what they say, the difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut is 8 days? Yeh I am already at day 9 and know that’s a lie :slight_smile:

i am on day 2 (now-4th and three week finished … until 12- if they do not trying again for next 2 week)

Classic kiwi mullet

I reckon all this hair cut talk is wishful thinking as your all electronic nerds with male pattern baldness so scissors are not required :rofl:

3 Likes

my style …

1 Like

You and me both, brother.

1 Like