Today we are excited to release the sixth preview of our TinyCLR OS. This release adds support for the G400 and all of our previous NXP based devices: G120, EMX, Embedded Master, and USBizi. There are new LPC17 and LPC24 ports along with ARM7 and CortexM3 builds of the core now available in our ports repo on GitHub. There are also new bootloaders available and we fixed automatic loading of USB drivers for devices.
Also available in this release is a very early preview of the new TinyCLR Config tool. It can be used to update your device from the internet and manage application deployment.
All you need to do to get going is make sure you have Visual Studio 2017, install the latest extension, update your device’s firmware, and drop the new NuGet packages in your local feed. If you’re just now getting started with TinyCLR or just want a quick refresh, take a look at our new docs for more information.
Some of the things that exist today in TinyCLR OS:
- Stable preview firmware for G30, G80, G120, G400, EMX, Embedded Master, USBizi, Cerb, FEZCLR, and products based on them
- GPIO, UART, SPI, I2C, ADC, DAC, PWM, LCD, and signal generation and capture support
- Full debugging capabilities including breakpoints, source stepping, and variable inspection
- Support for Visual Studio 2017 and the new Roslyn compiler with an easy install
- Practically unlimited max allocation size
- Improved deployment and startup times
- Better diagnostics support
- Code in C# and Visual Basic
- Native code interops
- Firmware porting
While this preview includes the core features of TinyCLR OS, there is still a lot to do. Here are a few of the things in progress or under consideration:
- USB host and client
- File system
- More graphics
- Secure networking
- Device updates
- Controller Area Network
- Runtime Loadable Procedures
- Improved class library
- … and many more!
TinyCLR OS Downloads: http://docs.ghielectronics.com/tinyclr/downloads.html
TinyCLR OS Release Notes: http://docs.ghielectronics.com/tinyclr/release_notes.html
UPDATE 2017-09-13: We have also added the G400 firmware.