Pyxis 2 Released

If that thing is actually parsing HTML/CSS that’s all kinds of awesome.

Fully parsing HTML & CSS is asking a bit much of the Cobra I think. What I’m doing is data extraction.

Update: Viewing of posts & attached images now works. Just need to add paging & posting.

Having issues with brand new SD card. Class 4 SDHC PNY 4GB.

When I put it in and start CWX it hangs during “Copying files…” stage about 80%.

Putting it back to PC shows that directories are created and there are some files.

If I start CWX with that card Pyxis starts but shows empty black desktop, app bar is there with icon showing that card is inserted.

If I restart Pyxis without the card and insert it later it is not recognized.

Played with different format options and got it working now.
Another question.
Where is Pyxis 2 Image Converter?

Glad you got it working. The image convener should be in the zip file on the download section of codeplex

With the release of RLP how does everyone feel about a partially closed source Pyxis?

Since we need to keep our keys private I’d need to at least lock the module instancing RLP. Thought?

What about reading the rlp name and code from a file? Or easier, a string resource.

That’d be possible but then everyone using Pyxis would have to apply for their own code.

You know what would make Pyxis a best OS over? You need a media player. Take the RLP playback example from wiki and make a MPEG2media player for pyxis using RLP.

Are you up for the challenge? :wink:

Absolutely! Only question would be can Cobra handle it w/ RLP or do I need to make it a ChipworkX only app?

Seems not that hard to do. Resource would be a better place for production releases, so the code can’t be read that easy.

@ Wouter, well what I was thinking was only the module that calls RLP would be closed. The actual C code itself would be open. How does that sound?

I would love to create speedy RLP graphics stuff… If I had a display :slight_smile:

Sounds great. But maybe get the ELF file from an other assemblies resource, so the ELF file can be recompiled and replaced.

YES you can play video on EMX not only ChipworkX. It is a matter of how large the video is and what is frame rate.

Read this in my old blog (very outdated but will help) http://tinyclr.blogspot.com/2009/07/video-playback-on-micro-famework-using.html

So, when will I be able to play video? :slight_smile:

Thanks Gus! I’m going to get on this! I’m already writing a MP3 player app for Pyxis so a video player makes sense to add as well.

You can have multiple ELF files, just partition the RLP region in to smaller section and each app has its own memory.

You can even do audio recording from any analog input. And you do not have to worry about garbage collector kicking in, RLP will still run in the back uninterrupted…here is another Pyxis app challenge :slight_smile:

What happens when your forum reader comes across my name? :smiley: Ahh, non-english ASCII goodness…

@ chris, Yeah it doesn’t like your name so much

My android tablet doesn’t show your name either.