Problem with Spider Starter Kit - Display T35 - DP Client USB

I updated one time more the firmware and I saw that it is the version 4.1.6.0 of the TinyBooter and the 4.1.8.0 of the Spider board firmware. You can see that on the picture.

Now, the line which goes from top to bottom is red. I am uploading a movie on vimeo to show you the fact and how I have connected the all thing … The video will be ready in about 20 min …

I have no more idea about the problem. May be the soldering … I can see some gold on pins 36 to 45.

Any idea or advice ?

Please contact GHI by email Contact Us – GHI Electronics

What should I ask them ? Should I point them those posts ?

Them = Gus = GHI. “They” already know about the posts.

Including a link to this thread wouldn’t hurt.

Actually the person checking the email may not know about the post but I saw your email and replied.

Hi at all… I’m new, I bought a Fez Spider starter kit and I’ try all solutions menthioned on the forum but display don’t work. Work only the touch…

Welcome to the forums!

It would be best to start a new thread instead of adding to an old thread.

Have you built a new Gadgeteer project, added the display using the graphic designer, and then ran the program?

The Spider ships with the display disabled, and when you deploy a program which includes a display it is activated.

Ok sorry Mike but I thought the problem was the same for what I did’t open a new post…
I try that but now I begin to think of not able how to depoly a program on spiders, you may give me some links?

On your hard disk, after installation of the GHI SKD:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI .NET Gadgeteer SDK\Getting Started Guides

I already do that… :frowning: from MFDT I have this configuration…

DeviceInfo:
  HAL build info: 4.1.2821.0, Microsoft Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rig
  OEM Product codes (vendor, model, SKU): 255, 0, 65535
  Serial Numbers (module, system):
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
  Solution Build Info: 4.1.8.0, GHI Electronics, LLC
  AppDomains:
    default, id=1
  Assemblies:
    mscorlib,4.1.2821.0
    Microsoft.SPOT.Native,4.1.2821.0
    Gadgeteer.WebServer,2.41.0.0
    Microsoft.SPOT.Net.Security,4.1.2821.0
    Microsoft.SPOT.Touch,4.1.2821.0
    GTM.GHIElectronics.Camera,4.1.1.2
    GTM.GHIElectronics.SDCard,4.1.2.0
    Microsoft.SPOT.Net,4.1.2821.0
    System.Net.Security,4.1.2821.0
    GTM.GHIElectronics.Motion_Sensor,4.1.0.0
    GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZSpider,4.1.2.0
    Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort,4.1.2821.0
    Gadgeteer.WebClient,2.41.0.0
    GHIElectronics.NETMF.IO,4.1.8.0
    System,4.1.2821.0
    GTM.GHIElectronics.Button,4.1.1.0
    GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware,4.1.8.0
    GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost,4.1.8.0
    System.Http,4.1.2821.0
    PhotoCamera,1.0.0.0
    Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore,4.1.2821.0
    System.IO,4.1.2821.0
    Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware,4.1.2821.0
    GHIElectronics.NETMF.System,4.1.8.0
    Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics,4.1.2821.0
    Microsoft.SPOT.IO,4.1.2821.0
    GTM.GHIElectronics.UsbClientDP,4.1.1.0
    Gadgeteer,2.41.0.0

@ Sps84 -

I do not understand your last question. What problem are you experiencing?

@ sps84,
What version of the SDK do you have installed on your pc? Please find the README file in the GHI directory. Your spider is running the netmf 4.1 firmware (4.1.8.0).

I fallow all guide and manual, but I have Back light active and the touch screen, display don’show anything

and now what I can do?

To help you, we need to understand what you have actually done. If you followed all the guides and manuals, and did everything correctly, then the only solution would be the display is defective. But, that is highly unlikely.

Please build a new Gadgeteer project for the Spider and only attach the T35 display. Compile and deploy the program, with no modifications, and then reboot the Spider. As the Spider reboots, do you see anything on the screen? Following this procedure should enable the T35 display. The Spider is shipped with the display disabled.

Are you powering the Spider directly from a PC, or are you using a powered USB hub? If you are connecting directly, then you PC might not be delivering enough power.

@ sps84,

This is also something you should do to confirm the firmware and SDK versions.

@ Brett
I try to update but at this page

I don’t understand this

[line]
@ Mike I use an Hub and I deploying to device but nothig appear on display nothing now and nothig when I reboot the board… only black light on

To update the Spider you need to use the switches on your mainboard. You got the little card with the Spider, right? I don’t have one to walk you through the process, sorry.

From the EMX update page, you need to do the “Checking the firmware version” that talks about opening the readme in the SDK, and then comparing that to the version shown by MFDeploy.

Then, you need to run the Fez Spider Firmware Updater from the local hard drive, somewhere like: C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI NETMF v4.1 SDK\Firmware Update (this is my version of teh SDK I have installed on this PC, which is NOT the 4.2 beta that you probably have installed, so the path WILL be different.) I believe, but again can’t confirm, that the updater for the Spider will walk you through setting up the correct switch settings to achieve the update.