NETMF / Gadgeteer Workshop - North Hertfordshire UK

** Edit

http://www.ingenuitymicro.com/company-news/netmf-gadgeteer-workshop.aspx

Before i get totally sick of the English winters and finally up sticks and head back to New Zealand i thought it might be fun to host a NETMF focused workshop to geek out for a day.

If there is enough interest then the agenda could also include building some hardware?

The idea is to congregate in Stevenage and play electronics, talk rubbish and generally have fun.

Date: July? August?

Edit
Tentative date: July 26th and July 27th
Ideas
[ul]Build a G120 based Gadgeteer main board (apply solder paste to PCB, place parts, cook, test, take it home)
IoT - WiFi, BLE, 2.4Ghz radio
Wheeled robots
Project Chameleon
Other cool stuff[/ul]

Pipe up if your interested or drop me an email to discuss: justin at ingenuitymicro dot com

I will see if i can get some sponsored products from the office, and maybe reveal some cool new stuff of my own ;D

Cheers
Justin

3 Likes

Is there a french speaking workshop ? :-[

Anyway, why choosing winter for such event ? :whistle:

Lol - Bon point monsieur

I have some mittens and wool cap, so I may be in !

@ Bec a Fuel - bon homme :slight_smile:

I live in the Cotswolds, so would be interested a workshop. What dates are you thinking of in July or August?

Planning on doing one in Calgary on your way back to Kiwi land?

Or any other Calgary area Gadgeteer folks just want to do one sans Justin?

@ kiwi_stu - i was thinking late July or early august, open to a date that suits.

@ duke isnā€™t Calgary colder than the UK? :whistle:

@ Justin lets not go there as we just strung up half a dozen Global Warming Preachers as summer isnā€™t coming to Calgary this year, but on the positive side, all the ski resorts will be open year round and I donā€™t have to worry about tuning up the lawn mower this year.

Iā€™d like to get some of those cool bolt modules, but I have my doubts that it will get warm enough this year to have lighting, unless blizzards start having a light shows.

There is this: Thundersnow - Wikipedia

Iā€™ve experienced it, quite wild, and such a cool name. I think itā€™s going to be my new super hero alias 8)

1 Like

@ ransomhall what the describing graphic is missing is terms like ā€˜Air so cold I think my nts just fell offā€™ and on the right ā€˜Air so cold it hurts to breathā€™, and above 'Elevated convention in btching frozen hunks of ice so nothing is movingā€™. Global Warming dudes are advised to skip Calgary on their speech tour at the moment as the natives are more then just a bit miffed. Friday we sacrificed a weather forecaster to the Sun God just in case he could be persuaded to show up and bring at least spring with him.

Iā€™m in if itā€™s late July. Iā€™m planning to go to riat the weekend of 11-13 July so after that is cool.
Sounds like it will be a load of fun.

@ HughB - good man.
will start pencilling in the last Saturday of July as a possible date.
how does building your own G120 based Gadgeteer main board sound as one thing to do?

1 Like

@ Justin - sounds like a plan :slight_smile:
Looking forward to it already.

[quote]building your own G120 based Gadgeteer main board sound as one thing to do?[/quote] sounds like it could almost be worth the flight there.

That sounds very interesting!

Probably cheaper than the me send one to you via Royal Snail.
Besides this board will only be for people than come and make it for themselves ;D

Updated the first post with suggested time and topics

Tentative date: July 26th
Ideas
[ul]Build a G120 based Gadgeteer main board (apply solder paste to PCB, place parts, cook, test, take it home)
IoT - WiFi, BLE, 2.4Ghz radio
Wheeled robots
Project Chameleon
Other cool stuff[/ul]

Hi Justin,

the timing is almost perfect ā€¦ start of vacation ā€¦ no final go though ā€¦

Suggestions:
[ul]Porting

• Web services
  • UDP, TCP, UPNP
  • Security
  • [/ul]The future of .NetMF in general with maybe some assist from the producers

Cheers

Peter.

[quote=ā€œJustinā€]Project Chameleon[/quote]???