It's a goal

@ terence - For 4 layer boards it’s usually 2 weeks.

So, I just priced all the components at a higher quantity and if I can get 25 pre-orders, then I will sell these mainboards for $39.95 + shipping!

Any takers?

@ munderhill - You are talking about your wifi version NOT a LoRa version correct?

@ terrence - yes, that price is for the WiFi version. The LoRa radio modules are more expensive than the WiFi module Ii use.

@ munderhill - Understood.

in for 1

@ munderhill -
In for one. Bill me PayPal.

@ munderhill - Me 2 …

@ munderhill - I will purchase one.

So, I’ll be getting the prototype boards from the fab this weekend and will build one. However, I found an omission that required me to redesign the layout. As well, I have decided on a name the IL-BETA is now the Iot Labs Mercury! It’s still the same size, now with a connector for the battery.

So, here it is!

3 Likes

Well with a name like that, make it two ! :wink:

So, this is why we prototype. Got the boards for the Beta yesterday, built the board and it doesn’t work! After spending a few hours with it, I find that on the top layer, one of the polygon ground pours was shorting out the D+ power from the USB connector. Fault - PCB Layout software (sure, I guess I should have checked it). :open_mouth: After that was resolved with an X-Acto knife, I find that one of the crystals was not connected to the G80! Holy crap, was I drunk when I designed this! Fault - Mine! :-[ I already knew this was not going to be the last iteration of this board, but wow! I did however get the board working! Please ignore the missing components and jumper. These will all be fixed on the IoT Labs Mercury.

Required blinky video is here.

1 Like

@ munderhill - Isn’t sometimes that the nice part of the job ?

Having something broken, figuring it out why it doesn’t work and getting it fixed …

@ .Peter. - Nah, I’d rather have everything work the first time! :wink:

So, after building a prototype of the IoT Labs Mercury I found that the Reset and Boot buttons were too small and/or inaccessible. So I have increased the length of the board by 0.25" and using larger buttons. I like this arrangement a lot better!

2 Likes

Yeah, keyboards has the same size all over due to finger size. Looks good!

So I just sent Mercury Rev 2 to the fab! :dance:

I also ordered a stainless steel stencil from OSH Stencils for the first time!

Fresh from the oven…

Button clearance is awesome!

Now some testing! :dance:

Really need to figure out how to solder the headers without making such a mess… :-[

2 Likes

@ munderhill - Get a flux pen. flux the contacts before trying to solder. use a thin gauge solder.

1 Like

With a little jig, you could probably just put the headers in the oven, too.

FYI, you missed one. :wink: