Introducing the newest member to the Octavo Systems Family!

We’ve been asking that question for years… Or at least an “in stock” notification email option. Gary is allergic to money. If he has to hold on to it too long he gets the shakes.

@ GHI, Can we have the board’s foot print and pinout so we can start Ecading in the mean time?

+1

So, GHI are you going to ?

@ VersaModule - not until we have all testing done on the production units we have.

We must be getting close as I spotted a few new entries in the resources for dev guides and schematic for each but at present that give an error.

:dance:

3 Likes

And a few updated graphics too.

The TH module schematic is there and this has the pinout for the SOM

https://www.ghielectronics.com/downloads/schematic/OSD3358_TH_SCH.pdf

I was hoping for a full 24 bit LCD interface which is available on the IC itself but GHI have gone with the RGB565 wiring which I guess is to keep the LCD interface compatible with existing LCD offerings.

The Ethernet and JTAG are broken out as pads ? This is require soldering SMT headers ?

At least now we can make footprints.

Where did you find the footprints at ?

@ VersaModule - I mean we can make them. Now we know what the pin numbers are and junk.

I think he means we can make the schematic part and at least start creating a design based on it but the PCB will have to wait until we get the PCB footprint details from GHI to start on the PCB layout part.

I am already working on upgrading a G400D based design to this so can’t wait to get my hands on them. :slight_smile:

@ Aaron1ee - I believe it can buy why 8GB specifically?

The summer Santa just dropped this off. Yea!

1 Like

Wow ! i thought that these reference boards were not for sale. Did you manage to twist someone’s arm at Octavo ? or may be GHI sent you one :slight_smile:

@ VersaModule - How on earth did you get that?

I could not wait any longer for GHI’s “Ships in about 4 weeks” anymore (sorry Gus), so I had to look elsewhere.

@ VersaModule - no worries. We are really trying but we keep making improvements. We are really trying to make it perfect.

I know you are just yanking your chain a bit, though I don’t know why companies post things before they are really ready.