Introducing G120, a low cost, feature filled NETMF System on Module (SoM)

And, what are the prospects for using an MII/RMII PHY for Cerberus and Cerb40? Is there a memory advantage for going with the ENC28J60?

Ok gus

It means that this is the ā€œmostā€ powerful non gadgeteer module GHI proposes if Iā€™m correct ?

The only drawback is to have to wait till Q3 to use itā€¦

Thanks

Thereā€™s still ChipworkX, which is a 200 MHz ARM9 with gobs of flash and RAM. This is a Cortex-M3, though, so the MHz numbers arenā€™t directly comparable.

Iā€™d still probably give ChipworkX the edge, however.

only drawback of the chipworkX is the current priceā€¦ quite expensive for hobby project :slight_smile:

Indeed, it seems like the G120 hits a very sweet spot. Could this be the effective end of the EMX?

Or the beginning of an updated EMX? ā€¦ you never know and I wonā€™t tell you :wink:

ā€¦ just teasing :slight_smile:

@ GUS - would you answer godefroi question. " Are you using the onboard ethernet MAC, or are you planning on using the ENC28J60?"

I hope its onboard.

P.S. this is all so very exciting!

I want one!!!
I like it because:
1.) Have Premium Library(WiFi, USB, PPP, IFU, RLPā€¦)
2.) Faster,smaller, than EMX, but ā€œsameā€ mounting "socket"
3.) Good operating temperature(-40Ā°C to 85Ā°C)

But I have questions:
1.) What about Piracy Protection? Is this part of Premiun Library?
2.) About LCD support will be still limited to video buffer size = 960000?
3.) What will be SD & Ethernet max speed?

Will be ā€œengeniring moduleā€ avalible sooner than Q3 2012?

A faster EMX, with ethernet, great! I see no MCI interface, so SD card access will have to go over SPI.

EDIT: LPC178x seems to contain a dedicated MCI interface for SD/MMC card access, I was looking in the LPC17xx User Manual which did not mention the LPC177x and LPC178x variants.

Looks like youā€™re right.

I canā€™t fault GHI for going with the NXP chips, theyā€™re solid, and GHI has lots of experience working with them, but man, looking through the NXP datasheets reinforces (for me) just how feature-rich the STM32 is. The peripheral list is truly incredible!

@ Wouter, Maybe i am not so clear today, but the overview of the board says: 4-bit SD card interface as well as the LPC17xx datasheet says ā€œSD/MMC memory card interfaceā€

@ Robvan Schelven: you are right: I was looking in the general LPC17xx user manual, where they donā€™t seem to mention the LPC178x, from this document: http://ics.nxp.com/products/lpc1000/datasheet/lpc177x.lpc178x.pdf it idd looks like it will contain a dedicated SD/MMC controller. That is good news!

Wow, yep, itā€™s right there. How did we miss that the first time around? :o

You should not miss any feature going from EMX to G120, you should get more but further details will come in near future.

Will the JTAG/SWD port be exposed? :wink:

@ GUS - Can you answer this question please

We will make sure you are happy at the need, leave it at that for now :slight_smile: Sorry, I am not allowed to say more!

@ Gus- ok just so we are clear on my needs. Which are on board internal. :slight_smile:

May we have Pin-Out details?

I am starting a board layout that I want to use an EMX or G120. My planā€™s are to put both sets of pad down at the same location. Do you have any documentation that shows the G120 module pin-out and board dimensions?

I am also planning on using the Redpine WiFi module which I assume is compatible with both modules.