Introducing G120, a low cost, feature filled NETMF System on Module (SoM)

We’re so special we get the dibs too! :wink:

It did on mine

@ Architect - what rss feed name you have for it ?

Never mind, i had it correct, just an e-mail setting issue ;(

Nice to see a new chip product with more power and memory. But what I don’t like it is that it’s “fixed” to a module.
It would be better if HW developers could buy the chip separate like USBizi and add memory to it.

With this option it would be possible pack it into small enclosures.

BGA package.Not a lot of people want to mess with it.

If you bought the chip alone, then you wouldn’t have the extra memory. If you want just a chip, then the STM32 port might be of more interest.

Cut a hole in your PCB and drop it in and it’ll be nice and compact :wink:

I do! :slight_smile:

Thats what I mean, I need the extra memory and GHI library but what I don’t understand is why GHI always release MCU and memory together on a module.

Why not sell the MCU with the mandatory option to add external memory, I belive this would generate more andvanced products based on GHI chips.

When developing proffesional products for the market you like to pack the semiconductors on the board as cost efficiency as possible and not waste any pcb area to a, sorry to say, big module.

Ah, well, that, I couldn’t say. I can confidently say, however, that if you get in contact with GHI they’d probably be willing to work with you on just about anything you want.

Your cost on engineering and testing an 8 layer pcb is much higher than that saving you are thinking of. Still, you want the chip? Contact GHI and the will get you what you need.

Nice work GHI !!.. but Q3 available :frowning: worst case “september” :wink: Are development samples available sooner?

Crack open the pre-order on this. GUS you know i have wanting this all along now.

This means we will get a FEZ Spider II board late this year ? :smiley:

Seems likely.

In case you guys missed this, G120 is not only half price and almost half the size of EMX, it is has MORE IOs :slight_smile: The only thing less is flash size but 2MB is way more than you could ever code! We are talking millions of lines of code.

Just one question:

Having few knowledges in electronic, can you tell me if I will be possible to connect a screen (Touch screen or not) on this device either than a LCD screen ?

I mean by that screen like TFT, Video output or just a touch screen as want is used for the gadgeteer or Panda II…

Thanks for your answer

This module is more powerful than EMX, far more advanced than panda!

You can connect small and large TFT displays, you can connect SPI displays and still use built in graphics, you can connect a 50’ VGA TV if you want to.

Are you using the onboard ethernet MAC, or are you planning on using the ENC28J60?

Please tell me its onboard ethernet MAC,