Hydra won't take deployment of assemblies

My Hydra stopped working. I"m trying to reflash with FEZHydraMainboardUpdater. When I get to the last step, I get this error repeatedly:

– Log –
Connecting to device…
Cannot connect to the device! Follow steps 1 to 6
Before updating, remember:

• Remove SD Card if you are using SD card to erase flash (after 30s since power up).
  • Disconnect between pin# 8 and pin# 3 in socket# 3 if you are connecting them together to erase flash (after 5s since power up).
  • Put JMP1 back if you are removing it to erase flash (after power up).

Can you ping it with MFDeploy? Does it say it’s in Tinybooter mode? If so, try reflashing using the UpdateFEZHydra.bat utility located at

C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI OSHW NETMF v4.2 SDK\FEZ Hydra\Firmware\FEZ Hydra TinyBooter Updater
(or the 4.1 path if that’s what you’re using)

Don’t forget to add the "comXX’ argument.

MF Deply hangs when I try to ping this Hydra.

I would try different USB port and/or PC to make sure.

Apparently I’ve bricked it. I’ve tried three PCs and different USB ports, but this Hydra won’t rise. It has lost all of its heads.

Led is on? What do you see under device manager?

LED is on, yes. The Device manager doesn’t detect anything like FEZ Hydra_Gadgeteer that shows in MF Deploy. I may get cut of before we finish because my access to this IP has been intermittent.

Any sound when you plug it in?

Yes, there is the usual sound when plugging the Hydra into USB.

ok then you must see something in device manager.

Is it showing under COM as a “GPS connect… something something” :slight_smile:

Here is a screen shot of device mgr

Then if windows make sound when you plug it in then how is it not showing in the device manager! Something got to show up!

Here it is:

ok good. this means your device has firmware on it and it is running fine :slight_smile: I know this doesn’t help much but at least you know now the device is working.

This sort of sounds like there is a program in a tight loop running on the board?

Hi Mike,

Do you have the ability to determine the firmware that is on the Hydra? Do you have a display to connect to the Hydra?

Ok, now I have OledDisplay connected.

The Display that I was referring to is the T35 http://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/276 . If you have the T35, you can see boot-up messages to help with trouble shooting. Unfortunately, the OLED will not provide any troubleshooting messages.

That link is also not to any product. I’m going to need a strait jacket and rubber room soon.

Sorry Mike,
Try again. Because I try to use punctuation, it included the period in the link address.