Ok, display shows:

ABORT data:
Build Date: 12
Feb 23 2012

cps=0x600000clf
pc =0x20153c4c
lr =0x20153cf8
sp =0x0030f4c0

Something has crashed the board. Do you have a button? if you do, put one on socket 14 to force to TinyBooter mode, if you do not have a button, ground pin 3 on socket 14.
You can then reload the firmware in MFDeploy. I do not know if reloading will affect your current deployed application but considering that something is crashing it, it may be worth the risk. :slight_smile:

I put a button in socket 14, then powered the Hydra and started MF Deploy.
Next I switched to USB and FEZ Hydra_Gadgeteer shows in the textbox.
I browsed to the image files: ER_CONFIG and ER_FLASH
When I click Deploy, MF Deploy hangs.

Do you happen to have VMWare or any kind of Virtual Machine?
Also, the last thing you can try is what Ian said a few posts back, use the manual update found in this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI OSH NETMF v4.1 SDK\FEZ Hydra\Firmware\FEZ Hydra TinyBooter Updater
What you would do is on socket 3 or 4, hold pin 8 to ground for about 3 seconds. If you have the USB cable connected, the moment you boot up you should hear the USB sound (if you have speakers). Once you hear that sound, release the pin being held to ground. If you look in the Devices and Printers on Windows you should see something like GPS Camera Detect (COM13). This is the virtual COM port that will be used to reflash your board manually. You will need to open a command prompt window in administrator mode and go to the above directory. Once in there, you will need to type UpdateFEZHydra comX, X being the COM port number that you see and then press enter. It will totally erase your board of everything and reinstall TinyBooter for you to try again with MFDeploy.

Two things to note:
First, make sure you download the latest SDK. (I believe I finally gave you the right link in another post.) :wink:
Second, if the COM port is over something like 50 you will have to manually change the COM port number to a smaller number in Windows.

I hope this helps.

I think we’re getting some progress. After running Tiny Booter Updater I get MF Deploy output as follows. What’s next?

Chk signature
Signature PASS
Chk signature
Signature PASS
*** nXIP Program found at 0x00084000
Found debugger!
Create TS.
Loading start at 20172388, end 2019e734
Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.2.0.0)Assembly: System.IO (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Touch (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Ink (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.2.0.1)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire (4.2.0.0)Assembly: System.Xml (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Time (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net (4.2.0.0)Assembly: System (4.2.0.0)Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net.Security (4.2.0.0)Assembly: System.Net.Security (4.2.0.0)Loading Deployment Assemblies.
Resolving.
GC: 1msec 291528 bytes used, 8096676 bytes available
Type 0F (STRING ): 24 bytes
Type 15 (FREEBLOCK ): 8096676 bytes
Type 17 (ASSEMBLY ): 21048 bytes
Type 1E (BINARY_BLOB_HEAD ): 270384 bytes
Type 34 (APPDOMAIN_HEAD ): 72 bytes
GC: performing heap compaction…
Ready.
Cannot find any entrypoint!
Done.
Waiting for debug commands…

That should be it. You loaded the firmware on the board, 4.1 I assume? Try to ping it and if it pings look at the device capabilities to see what version of the firmware you are running and then try your C# code again and see how things are going. :slight_smile:

I installed 4.2 and it works!
Thanks for fast and persistent support, Aron. You guys are not kidding when you advertise real support.