GHI's holiday gift to you

As I remember for the 2011 Holiday, GHI had a FEZ Christmas wish list, at the end GHI sent a $50 coupon and hinted that there was a new board being offered in the next few days. Most of us purchased the new board.

.NET MF 4.4 on a new board with rock solid network and 4$ WIFI module

I think the ultimate Christmas gift is one of the new ALCAM-OEM modules.

Of course, a RETRO would also be outrageously marvelous.

1 Like

How about a video Christmas card, that shows the main staff at GHI, their background, interests and how they came to GHI. I for one would like to know how baby Gus Issa came to be an electronics eng.

Gadgeteer laser-distance-finder module?

Fez quadcopter-base-platform?

Quad-core Fez Raptor II?

Fez Oculus VR Module?

Gadgeteer arduino-shield-module?

And whats this about New Zealand?

(I live in Christchurch - just saw Battle of the Five Armies tonight :smiley: )

My grandfather taught me a phrase as a child that I am going to share with you now, “Don’t start no st and there won’t be no st” ;D

3 Likes

[quote=“Duke Nukem”]

See my previous post to @ andre.m! ;D

A Intel Edison module? ;D

[quote=“Gary”]
My grandfather taught me a phrase as a child that I am going to share with you now, “Don’t start no st and there won’t be no st”
[/quote]Pablo use to say that too so maybe you are related.

Who said alcam gadgeteer module first?

Whoever’s idea was so outrageous it put Gary into the hospital… :smiley:

1 Like

Actually no one guessed right but it doesn’t matter anymore and here is why! What I wanted to gift the community was a 4.3 port for their older devices, panda, domino and rhino… after some work we realized that this can only be done if we drop many features but then the 4.1 firmware is more useful. As disappointed as we can be, this is not happening now. However, we may add the 4.1 support within the same sdk package then you wouldn’t need to install two packages. No promises but we haven’t forgotten about the older GHI devices.

4 Likes

@ Gus - That was a tough guess. :slight_smile:
You have mentioned before that it wouldn’t fit, which is too bad :frowning:

Sigh…

@ Architect - yes but I thought it may work after the many changes we did since then. At least we tried.

6 Likes

Thanks for trying.

1 Like

agreed, thanks for trying, that would be a great thing.

Any chance there’s ever likely to be a way to add W5200 instead of the rare-as-hens-teeth W5100s? That’d be an OK new years gift seeing how you’re scrooging us here :wink:

sob - that would have been a nice gift. I have alot of emotional ties to my Fez Domino.

1 Like

“You tried your best and failed miserably. The lesson is: never try.” - Homer Simpson

The ultimate gift that I could get from GHI team would be a release of powerful (something in 1 Ghz region) Gadgeteer mainboard.