This is good news. We have 4.1 ready for you to use. Not only that, we also added RLP support too for those super users!
This is a beta release but it should be very stable so do not worry about having problems as you will probably not have any! If you have access to the beta then PLEASE use it.
There are some VERY important notes on this SDK that you must keep in mind.
- This SDK is for NETMF 4.1 NOT 4.0.
- You will need Visual Studio 2010. VS2008 will NOT work.
- You will need to install NETMF 4.1. The one you have now (4.0) will NOT work. You MUST uninstall 4.0 first.
- GHI found couple problems in the Microsoft’s 4.1 SDK and worked with Microsoft on the fixes. There are 2 files in the SDK zip file and a text wilt with instructions on where to place these files. You MUST copy those 2 files to the right place or you will have some random problems.
- This GHI 4.1 SDK is independent from the old GHI 4.0 SDK and so you can have both installed on your PC. We HIGHLY recommend that you remove 4.0 off your machine to eliminate any confusion in selecting the right assemblies.
This is a VERY important contribution from you to the FEZ community so please start using the beta ASAP.
If you do not have access to the beta but you are experienced user then contact GHI (phone/email) for the SDK download. Asking here will not get you the link.
See release notes http://www.tinyclr.com/release-notes-beta/