GHI is installing a complete production line

I am interested to know what thickness options will be available to choose from?

[quote]Engraving a design into the mirror coating and backlighting with some LEDs makes for a sweet sci-fi looking enclosure!
[/quote]

@ ransomhall Please post a link. I can’t find an example of this. Sounds interesting.

@ ransomhall & @ ian

Edge-lit acrylic looks especially awesome, but not sure whether some additional polishing of the edge would be needed to make it effective.

Some examples can be found here:

[url]edge-lit acrylic - Bing images

Back before my programming days, I worked at a shop that did theater and TV scenery, and while we didn’t do a whole lot of engraved acrylic, we worked a fair amount with edge-lit acrylic with designs applied in vinyl. You can do some awesome stuff with edge lighting and a little engraving. I’d imagine that with a laser to provide precise control, the possibilities are almost endless.

@ Gus

Do you have any plans to offer project boards, similar to this thread:

[url]http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/21/4649/[/url]

I really like the wood project board that Pete made for me, but I would really love to be able to just send GHI a design for a custom-engraved project board, then I could have one for each of my Gadgeteer boards, personalized and everything. :slight_smile:

Agreed! Nice.

Easy with the questions guys :slight_smile: I really do not have answers to any of these questions yet. We are evaluating few acrylic samples and getting shop ready for machines.

I will continue updating you guys.

So many questions means so much interest!

@ devhammer, thanks for the edge lit pics link.

@ ian - imagine some of those pics but as a mirrored enclosure! add some light pipes and/or fiber strands and you’ve definitely got something out of this world… like something you would see in a cheezy Spencer’s shop :slight_smile:

We just got our 3rd machine in! Two more to go now.

All the way from Sweden! Nice ;D

Now that looks promising! ;D

My first thought when I saw that box was that I would have loved to have it when I was a kid. Talk about a great fort / hide out. :smiley:

Gus, I can’t wait to see what GHI produces once that line is up and running!

-Eric

More pictures just for you! 1/3

More pictures just for you! 2/3

More pictures just for you! 3/3

An extra one!

So what is the “space ship” exactly?

Our machine got 8 placement heads. It is almost like placing 8 parts simultaneously!

Great equipment for sure! No excuses for “out of stock” anymore :smiley:

I think you’ve got a broken part… ???

The picture # 3/3 should look like this, I think

Out of stock is a no go from now on :smiley: