[ul]The mainboard has a BLUE user LED
It’s Gadgeteer
It’s modular - user the mainboard for something else
It will be cooler
Easily add expansion boards
Did i mention mainboard has a BLUE user LED[/ul]

2 Likes

That one should be reason enough :slight_smile:

@ Justin - I’m working on similar project. I used the Domino in the video for the USB Host interface to the Logitech joystick; target processor will be the DL-40 module.

2 Likes

@ Kerbal - looking good, please keep us posted with progress and details :slight_smile:

I intend to implement this feature as well, but don’t know how yet.
I’m considering how to mux the charging leads to an ADC so I can track each cell.
We cratered 1/4 of a 4 cell the other day by not paying attention and/or knowing.
Intend on using the “Attopilot” current sense module from Sparkfun too; supports up to 180 amps, and we are using only 4x 20-amp ESCs. That module reports overall voltage, but doesn’t break out the cells. Current and voltage readings are analog so they are going to get muxed in too.

I could also be completely wrong… Will research it when I get there :slight_smile:

Obviously, I need to exchange the 1-watt white LED I got for a BLUE one, as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nobody makes a multi-cell lipo charging and/or monitoring module (yet). Many frowns on this point. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
Many, many 1 cell lipo modules though. It might be possible to use multiple modules, or a different method, but it will need some research. I will post updates for Justin with anything I can figure out, since we are creating almost the same thing. He may already know how to do this properly…

Someone also mentioned using the G120… This is the next family (lpc17xx) I’m going to explore when I’m more comfortable getting the DL-40 (lpc11xx) to do what I want. The Cerb40 (stm32f) is on my list after that.

I think for a Quad the stmf4 is the best bet at the moment. Then G400…
I have a few ideas on the lipo front…

I’m using an HC-SR04 ultrasonic to ensure my UAV never craters itself landing.
It is super cheap ($2.50) and has pretty great resolution for the price.

@ Justin - Just watched your video:

I can safely assume you can do firmware then…
and +1 for the song!

Why do this in .NET? The same chips have crazy horsepower natively. The 1113 can easily poll 3 I2C sensors and run a Kalman filter. Just wondering.

Have you chosen a camera already?

Ours:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11418

@ Kerbal - why .net? Cause lots of cough experts say it cant be done…
And i use .net all day long…
Current firmware is Cerberus, but i have a cunning plan on that note…
Have seen those cameras, any good?

I prefer it on PC. It seemed very cool, at first, on the embedded side, but I seem to have a knack for needing/wanting too much from the interpreter. My Domino even seems like a new board again!

[quote=“Justin”]Current firmware is Cerberus, but i have a cunning plan on that note…[/quote]Do tell! Or hint… Cerb40 was my absolute favorite chip on the .NET side! Even got him a ZIF socket to sit in.

Dunno for sure; I’m poor. That’s the camera to be though; it just hasn’t become yet… :frowning:
The example videos look very good. Puts out analog signal and records to SD. When I finally get it, I’m going to try to use an SD sniffer to capture the data and possibly downlink it with everything else rather than use an analog transmitter. Sparkfun also has an inexpensive OSD module available I’m going to get soon.

@ Kerbal - yes .net can be restrictive but its very surprising what you can do when you put your mind to it.

The Octopus is just a blatant copy of a Cerberus hence why its running Cerb firmware.
Next plan is is enabling FP in the firmware which will double the speed, then get a smart cookie sunning himself in Cyprus to work his magic :slight_smile:

@ Justin

FP?

Floating point

Ok … that I knew. I was overthinking this one, I thought it was some type of flight control mechanism he wanted to bake into the firmware!

@ mhectorgato - i have a few ideas… :wink:

A plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a fox!
Love it :smiley: