Gadgeteer Quad?

@ justin: where can I place an order??? for one or two to start with

@ Patrick - wont be for a little while, first lot is just the Octopus Mainboardā€¦
Need to sort out AHRS and Power boards firstā€¦

Iā€™ve got a quad with AHRS running on a Panda-II using a Mongoose IMU (not flyingā€¦). If you need help, Iā€™d love to drop in your board :slight_smile:

Looks very nice ā€“ seems to be a compact and comprehensive design!

In the Blue board description you put: ā€œand radio to Octopusā€

• What type of radio is this?

What about putting some battery monitoring on the red board?

Whereā€™s the G120/400 in this design? Is that a future release?

Any thoughts on cams and FPV for this timorous beastie?

@ Justin: Count me in for one for sure. If I can help please drop me a line. Youā€™ve got my emailā€¦

@ ianlee74 - Rodger - will be an interesting compareā€¦

@ mhectorgato

First one will probably be a socket for an xBee
Lipo will mount under Red board
This one is a Cerb knock off - Gā€™s are a different idea :wink:
Will prob have a plate for Ians suggestion for other bits and bobs like camerasā€¦

@ Patrick - you will be at the top of my list of Guinea Pigs :smiley:

Count me in as a local guinea pig :wink:

@ jasuk70 - Rodger

Would it be feasible to have monitoring of the Lipo for low power?

And then some visual/audio notification and/or connection to the mainboard to send a notification via radio?

These are usually mounted underneath and have a gimble on it to pivot. For this project I was thinking more about being able to control the servos to position the camera.

But a top plate would be good idea as well ā€“ for GPS and the sort.

Must find a way to mount the LED level meters and switch on Cylon mode :wink:

1 Like

Yes, maybe v2 - v1 if it falls out of the sky you know Lipo is low :whistle:

Heh heh

Thats the idea of having a Gadgeteer main board - and there will be 2 free S sockets :wink:

@ justin - where DO you find all the crazy pictures? The ā€œthumbs upā€ shot is freakinā€™ hilarious.

I think youā€™ve already got plenty of beta testers, if not a decent niche market opportunity. Rock on!

Yeah after seeing that pic it had to be upload :smiley:
Wise move - laugh at all the crash and burns and wait for v3.8654

Cool, want one.
What is the Load-bearing?
Possible to add more sensors and camera?

Ah yes the Koteka, the hand me down from your Dad that you never wanted.

Depends on the frame and motor comboā€¦i will recommend a combo after getting everything ready.

The main board has the same sockets as a Cerberus so yes more sensors and a camera can be added.

Hahahahaahahs - how true :smiley:

Iā€™ve got a good friend who has an aeroquad Iā€™ve had a chance to get comfortable with. Turns out one of the main devs on the project lives (right up the street) in Montreal. Weā€™re inviting him down for an FPV demo later this spring. All this has me leaning towards that platform, but I could be swayed with a bit more of a sales pitch :slight_smile: