First Gadgeteer Module - Ethernet POE

But what if you are only using this as an ethernet port and don’t have a POE switch. I haven’t studied the Gadgeteer specs enough yet to know if red modules have different wiring that prevent multiple reds from being plugged in or is that just a practice when both are providing power.

There will always be “what if” but in general, you can only have ONE red module on any gadgeteer setup. This should cover 99% of everyone’s needs.

Just came across this thread… looks really nice!

Any update on the v2 version of this board?

I think it will be offered for sale through this http://tinyclr.com/forum/21/6208/

v2 is still in the works. Trying to bring cost down. I will post an update in this thread.

Hi,

Any news/progress on this module?

Out of interest, what was the cost for the v1 module?

Tim

I think it was around $30-40, but I have to check for exact number. Schematics of v1 is on my blog btw:

If there is enough interest for it I can speed it up. Leave a comment on that entry on my blog if anybody is interested.

If it’s fully compatible with the non PoE module I’m interested for quite a large number of units. Are the specs the same as the usb Client DP module?

Patrick

I was wondering where this project was at as I picked up a switch that has POE capabilities as I’d like to get one for testing when ready.

@ RFID-Dude

The dimensions were slightly bigger if that is what you are asking. Can you please send me an e-mail (my addres is on my profile page)?

Sure! Give me a few days to figure out how many is needed.

@ architect - as I remember, one of your main objectives for v2 as reducing the cost. Did you have any success?

[quote]@ RFID-Dude

The dimensions were slightly bigger if that is what you are asking. Can you please send me an e-mail (my addres is on my profile page)?[/quote]

@ architect- It’s in you mailbox :slight_smile:

Still looking at some more options.

Thank you. I will get back to you soon.

I was just reading the first post I made on this forum on the ‘What modules would you like to see?’ thread (http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=3756&page=9#msg37871), and remember I’d discovered the Silvertel component around the same time you were developing your POE module.

I was keen to try and work up this board myself (it’s pretty simple component wise, and would be a good as my first SMD soldering project) - however, I’m really struggling with trying to work out how to find the right components/pinouts to lay out the schematics and board in Eagle. Did you find the components in a library or design them from scratch?

Do you have any intentions to release your board files to the community???

Tim

Hi Tim,

The components are from the standard library. I will have something better soon. There is enough interest now to produce a medium size batch of the modules. I am waiting on a couple of quotes that I should receive this week hopefully and will update in this thread.

POE v2 Update.

I will be receiving new Silvertel module at the end of this month. This is brand new module that is not available yet.
It is SMT isolated module - which is great! Getting closer!

@ architect that is great news! I have been following your progress lately, I already bought a POE-switch in anticipation :wink:
When are those modules available for the public?
Is it possible for me to order a batch when you are ready?

Hi Jelle,

Welcome to the community.

As soon as I get the new Silvertel module I have to test to make sure that everything works properly. After that I will run first batch and of course you are welcome to get as many as you need. :slight_smile: