FEZ Hydra test firmware

Finally got more time to do the update as well.
For some reason erasing from SD card didn’t work. Grounding MISO did the trick, though.

Trying to figure out what is wrong with SD module/card now.

Any news on an updated firmware?

Lots of checkins on codeplex today.

Since we finished it all and without waiting for any contribution, I was thinking, why not add RLP.

Yeah we are adding RLPLite now! All will be posted on Monday.

Even better, you now use mfdeploy to update firmware :slight_smile:

Oooh la la!

What’s the difference in RLPLite & standard RLP?

Will we be able to update using mfdeploy with the firmware we have or will we need to do one more manual install of the next version of the firmware before it will work?

NICE!

I had planned on contributing but I really wasn’t sure where to start. The low-level firmware is new to me. But hey; point me in the right direction and maybe I’ll add some nice features too.

Did I mention I’m almost finished with compression. Yes, I know that takes forever on NETMF but it’s also a requirement for PNGs.

You need to load tinybooter once using the same old way but them in future never need to do this.

RLP lite will be have everything you need to load mpeg decoder and play movies. What about that? :slight_smile: if you can do this then almost anything is possible. Details come with the release.

Welcome to ghi’s version of “open source”. We are just getting started!

I already have zip algo in c# and c++. Plus png support. I can share it!

Sounds great. How’s that capacitive touch screen coming along?

@ Gus :o :o :o You’re my HERO!

PNG, ZIP, FMV!!

Did Christmas just come early?

Speaking of which; my oldest son turns 12 on the 16th…he wants a Hydra! That’s m’ boy! 8)

You just have to win the peizo contest then you get a free hydra for him and another $250 to get some awesome modules :slight_smile:

Haha, yeah I don’t have any cool peizo ideas though. Maybe my son does…

Sounds like you have one cool kid. I’m sure he has a great idea. This sounds like a great learning opportunity. Don’t let it slip by.

Oh I’ll take full advantage of it; especially since he wants the Hyrda for robot making. Give him a chance to show his stills. And if he wins they I can take the money I save on the Hydra and use it to buy him more modules, etc. :slight_smile:

Awesome. My 15 yr old son has never really taken an interest in anything technical (aside from video games). Too much like his mother. My 5 yr old is all over it though. We have some fun years coming. :smiley:

@ Skewworks and @ ianlee74 LOL it looks like you guys are ahead of me in regards to your technical GREW, 12 and 5…
my son is only 2 years old, and the only thing he can’t stop asking for is the IPAD; and i don’t have to tell you about the Telebubbies song that i can’t get out of my head now… ;D.

but don’t you worry soon enough I’ll take full advantage of him ;D and put him to work…i mean help him learn…

Cheers,
Jay

It’s Monday and I want to play [movies]. :whistle:

It is done, testing now

Bwahahahaha!

PNG, FMV, Compression, maybe even RLP lite!

Develop ALL the things!