FEZ Game-O, an open-source console

Very nice video! It does a nice job of quickly introducing Gadgeteer with a good a amount of info.

@ Gus - The update is great!

1 Like

Live game-o in black looks awesome. Thinking about downgrading my pledge to black one. :think:

Or in other words, how do i get black game-o early.

3 Likes

Exactly! :wink:

yes, pink too (otherwise Justin will be left out!)

1 Like

I am no games fan (apart from my racing sim setup) but I can see a possible use for this as a home automation controller so I have pledged for a nice black one :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll have a Bluetooth hub of some sort to act as the interface to the rest of the house and this will be handy unit that even the wife can drive :slight_smile:

@ Brett - lol

@ Dave - like to live on the edge a - cool idea

Shes fine with all the tech stuff but it has to be really simple to drive. It takes me all my time to teach her stuff on the computer so anything that controls the house has to be dead simple :slight_smile:

Hmm, I like the idea of a WiFi module.

One question, would the hardware (If network was present) be powerful enough to connect to a SSL endpoint?

Iā€™m playing with Web API in azure so having it connect to that would make things interesting :slight_smile:

@ Dave McLaughlin - I feel a Bluetooth LE project is in orderā€¦ Game-O House OS :smiley:

1 Like

Or Azure Mobile Servicesā€¦I believe Josh Twist (or one of the other folks on the WAMS team) already did at least one blog post demoing the use of WAMS with Gadgeteer.

The module used RN171 module from rovingnetwork. Look it up to see what it is capable of please. It has much to offer.

Really, really looking forward to this ā€“ the perfect balance of power and simplicity Iā€™ve been looking for to make programming approachable for my kids.

Funded.

Weā€™re busy adding all kinds of support materials for FEZ Game-O.

As a start there is an evolving Developersā€™ Guide at http://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/207/fez-game-o. We are trying to collect important links within that document to examples, and a very basic (supports the buttons and the LCD), just started, emulator.

For those of you that want to skip the indirection to the emulator project through the Developersā€™ Guide here is the direct link (need Visual 2012 to build): .

http://www.ghielectronics.com/community/codeshare/entry/774

We invite, and would appreciate(!), any improvements you make to the emulator code, the doc, and/or the examples.

@ Jeff - That is awesome, thank you! I will definitely take a peak at the emulator.

This emulator is set-up for NETMF 4.3. Will not work with Game-O projects unless you guys delivering NETMF4.3 with Game-O :wink:

@ Architect - searching high & low for re-targetting options in the template(s) provided by MS, but so far no luck. And my confidence level in actually/successfully hand-editting the .csproj file is pretty darn low. Any Ideas?

We added a new reward tier for all the pink and black fans!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1359959821/open-source-programmable-hand-held-console/posts/544074

@ Gary Wow! :think: Is that the price for two? It said ā€œbalck and pinkā€.

Edit: Never mind! Update #2 clarified it.