FEZ Cerbot Funny Caption Contest - Friday

Thanks and congratulations! It’s going to be tough breaking it to the Cerbot minions but I think they’ll agree there’s no one we’d rather lose to :wink: It was fun. Let’s do it again soon!

1 Like

Congratulations Justin.

Not quite the lat winner Gary, We still need to find the person with the most votes across the entire competition that did not win any of the days. So that I can gifts my coupon to that person.

I would think there should have been 2 winners here as they are both highly worthy.

1 Like

@ taylorza -

I haven’t seen anything from GHI on your offer so here’s the week’s results as a jpg.

While ianlee74 & I tied at 23, I suggest awarding him the coupon you have so generously offered. His 9 points on the last day best my high of 7. Enjoy your Cerbot ianlee74.

Count again.

?

idafez, for taking the time to tally it up you should take the prize. Enjoy the bot!

@ idafez - you have 25 total :wink:

Methinks there might be some monkey business goin’ on here… Oh I see now - you must be counting the two +1’s on my page 3 reminder to look back to page 2 where popcanbot was lonely - can’t count those as they were duplicates of +1’s from Gary and Justin who had already voted on page 2. I still say ianlee74 deserves the award., but thanks for the consideration.

What did you expect?! The whole contest had monkeys all over it. :smiley:

@ idafez - I could not find anyway to contact you privately.

If you can just drop me an email at the address below (code comprehension required), I would appreciate it.

string name = "chris";
string domain = "dotnetwarrior";
string tld = "com"
string email = name + "@ " + domain + "." + tld;

giving your address this way will result in excessive garbage collection! :slight_smile:

And an error. You’re missing a semicolon :wink:

The negative impact on performance is by design, it slows down the spam generators due to the excessive GC. :slight_smile:

@ ianlee74 - I am going to dub one of our build servers at work the Ianlee74 server. I committed without testing my code luckily the continuous integration servers caught it :slight_smile:

Sweet! Does this mean I now have a vacation home in Cyprus? Personally, I like this policy… :smiley:

A fair trade, you are welcome to come visit us in Cyprus… on condition that I can steal that image.

I stole it from someone else. I guess it’s an OSD (open source donut) :wink:

1 Like

@ taylorza - How nice of you to follow up. I just wish I could pick it up in Cyprus! I’d even bring the donuts for you and ianlee.

How are things going over there vis-a-vis the financial crisis? Lots of news her in the US this spring but it sounds like things have settled down. Hope all is well.

I’ll send you an email and thanks.

@ idafez - It is still too early to tell, the banks here are still in the process of closing down and consolidating accounts with the remain banks, who themselves are not in great shape. Once that is completed there is going to be a huge flood of people out of work all with very similar skill profiles. I think the real tough times are still to come.

We can only be very greatful that our business is not dependent on the local economy. Thank you for asking.