Coming from a Galaxy far far away

Pictures are coming

The boards sans case would allow you to do that, but not everybody wants that hassle. They want to buy stuff ala-carte that’s just ready to snap together, program, and deploy.

Not a bad idea, but not a substitute for ready-to-field parts

It is different - and yes, there will be three firmware flavors : Sagitta Constellation, Netmf, and Linux+Docker. (Sagitta Constellation runs a program generated from graphical tool, much like existing PLC controllers, but with the addition of a lot of Azure network and telemetry functionality)

Sounds like a great plan and we’ll do what we can to help out. The feedback you’re giving is very valuable. And, very sorry about the headache - hope you are feeling better soon.

Sagitta Constellation?

“The Arrow” ?

First I’ve heard of this with relation to software… do you have a link?

You haven’t seen it because it hasn’t really come out yet (and we’ve probably jumped the gun here with what we have said, but that’s a side effect of being giddy over how well it’s coming together). It’s still [em]really[/em] early days. Justin is making great progress on hardware, and I have running versions of much of the VSCode environment, including a Gadgeteer-like designer that understand multiple bus types; and the cloud stuff is a rev of Verdant, but we probably won’t show off software until I have an end-to-end POC working, and at that point you should be able to download pieces from the VS Code Marketplace.

The Sagitta family will consist of hardware and software, and the naming will be astronomy related, but the branding is still not fully settled, and not as important right now as just getting to MVP status.

Sagitta is the arrow that slew the Eagle that was pestering Prometheus, the nice fella that brought us fire if you believe the stories. My company in Spain was Prometheus Engineering S.L., which was fine until that silly movie came out. When I transferred to the US, I took the opportunity to take the name Pervasive Digital LLC.

1 Like

When I was 17 and writing video games on the Apple][+ “Prometheus Software” was one of my “company” names (which didn’t mean anything, since I didn’t do anything legal with it and it was pre-internet - it was just a blurb in the loading/high score screens).

Also “Daedalus Software” - which I soon realized sounded like “Data-less software” and that Daedalus also represented over-reach and ultimate failure, so I abandoned that too.

;D

From now on we shall call him “Edward BigHands”

2 Likes

I read something the other day about New Zealand may be getting its own new continent. Those Kiwi’s must be all kinds of excited and not quite sure what to do with themselves :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have been called worse ::slight_smile:

@ Ian - wee’s all growed up like Stralia :smiley:

Purple is the new Blue :wink:

3 Likes

@ Justin - Loooking Good. How about a pic of the back side.

@ Terrence - There is nothing on the back side. If you mean under the top board look back 3 days :slight_smile:

Here is under.

Straya. Straya, mate. Geddit right.

This not [em]that[/em] kind of forum… :whistle:

1 Like

Funny

:slight_smile:

Been kind of quiet over here. What is the latest and greatest on this massive effort>

I am hoping you will incorporate BLE5 - nRF52840, as the super distances the chip is reported to achieve is my new favorite radio for IOT projects.

@ Terrence - Quiet yes, but also busy finishing off some new candy…

How much distance do you want from your new favourite IoT radio??

Hello all,
@ Justin i’m back with itching hands and pockets, when shall I get my candy?

@ Martin: it’s been a while, I’ve just realized that I still OWE you some cash man ??? please PM me so I can get that back to you, and clear my conscience, for some reason it always bothers me when I owe someone money errrrr, and apologies for not getting it done sooner :wall: the job had the better part of my time…

Cheers,
Jay.

Well you know, distance is like money and beer. The more the merrier.
My problem domain is getting sensor data from assisted living rooms in a facility back to the central gateway. So penetrating walls like superman is required. Each facility is different in layout and construction composition.
Some facilities have 40 rooms, others have 300 rooms, several stories with many wings.

So to pin it down…“lots of range”.

@ Jay Jay - You owe me money? News to me, but that won’t stop me from sending you full deposit instructions. Feel free to forward whatever amount it will take to assuage your guilt. Stuff a little extra in the envelope and I will light a little candle for you.

Seriously can’t imagine what for. Ping me wit a PM on here or SfB and we’ll figure it out. :smiley:

@ Jay Jay - what about that money you owe me? You remember, right?? :smiley:

3 Likes