Building on the great relationship we have with our distributors

@ Gary - It feels like we’re breaking up. Its like you said we need some time apart.

On the up side I can purchase other electronic components in a single package.

I agree that this is a good move for GHI. I’d rather one-stop shop at one of the larger distributors, anyway.

It’s felt like we broke up every since you broke the forum! When are you getting it back up??

2 Likes

@ ianlee74 - We didn’t break the forum, we are migrating the forum and we are working on it. :wink:

I tended to purchase from Mouser anyway as I could get other parts at the same time and their shipping costs are considerably lower too, especially for international customers.

Once the new forum is back up I think we will feel more comfortable with it all. As others have pointed out, it does feel like things are broken until then. :slight_smile:

A migration is something you do at night after the business closes and before it opens back up the next morning. I’m not sure what you call this… :wink:

3 Likes

First their is the break with Gadgeteer, now this…

It indeed feels like breaking up…

:snooty:

…but be that is it may, as longs as it leads to more focus on better products, I am all for it. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Things will be clear soon. Much of going to happen, not just a forum!

1 Like

We made a post 6 years ago about adding a catalog to our website https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=2437
Does this men we will bring the catalog back in 6 more years? :slight_smile:

@ Gus -

Scribes are hard to come by these days…

Can you partner with TME? [url]http://www.tme.eu/en/[/url]
They are like Mouser and Arrow just better for Europe, and their shipping in EU is 9€

1 Like

Any chance of distribution through Digikey?

We are working on this partnership as well.

Thanks, Gus.

Sorry, I know you intend well, but this still sounds like a lot of hoopla to me. This seems like normal marketing strategy for gradually dropping support for a product.

I think it is very clear if you look around and see all the changes happening lately. And also check back frequently as you will see a lot more. This is not about a product. We are relaunching the entire structure of our company, from forum and website, to products and distribution. What you see publicly is 10% of what is happening internally.

I know, it is not about a product. That is the issue.

What is the issues then?

Could it be possible to have a date for FEZ and Brainpad availability ?

1 Like

Should be sometime next month

Thanks @Gus_Issa I can’t wait to receive a FEZ…