Azure IoT Hub - A new Azure Service, Discovered today in the preview portal

@ JSimoes -

Good to hear that and good to know to have you here on the forums as well :slight_smile: Thank you for all the work you have done so far. I am following your work on GitHub for quite a while.

Totally agree on this.

Happy to see that netmf is really moving forward.

@ marius - Hard to say what the root cause of this error really is. If possible please post your source-code here, so that it can be checked for possible errors and that the code can be run by other community members for testing purposes.

1 Like

@ AWSOMEDEVSIGNER - Thanks for the reply. :slight_smile:
The source code is as provided in the link to the tutorial. Copied and Pasted as is.

I get the same error when running the Device Explorer and on the Data tab, selecting the device (that I am able to create) and clicking on Monitor. So, I am starting to think the problem is not with the code, but with some configuration problem of my subscription on Azure, but I do not have a clue as to where to start looking.

1 Like

@ marius -

No problem :slight_smile: Just drop me a private message with your email-address and we can continue to in depth trough this issue.

Found my problem and the problem is not my subscription, but me :-[

I was trying this with Visual Studio 2013…
The tutorial clearly states to use Visual Studio 2015 (where did that came from? :-[ )

Switched over to Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition and now it works!

@ AWSOMEDEVSIGNER - Thanks for trying to help. It’s heroes like you that make us small people persevere. :wink:

2 Likes

@ marius - :smiley: Glad it worked out for you :slight_smile: The community here is great and very helpful.

1 Like