Agent watches are finally shipping to everyone

The thought is we have a genuine ask for collaboration, not a way to make money! Plus it would be fun to do while we are staying home from coronavirus.

Money doesn’t mean success. There was over a million dollars in that campaign and it still failed. What we need is your support and help in spreading the word.

My thinking is we keep it simple for Rev A. Simply, a beautiful watch with cap touch display and bluetooth that is coded in C#. Use this as a “lesson learned” and then plan for a paid version. We of course welcome your money by then :slight_smile:

… oh oh and the C# watch application plus the C# mobile app have to be open source!

4 Likes

again , I fully agree. Money is needed but is not the most important thing in life. Ghi has connections with professional, makers, teachers and hobbyist. You promote C#, develop TinyClr, make boards, have a nice and cooperative forum, are listening to idea’s and more. Not sure there are a lot of companies like Ghi.
i would say like Georges Clooney promoting nespresso : GHI, what else ?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m so in. I was one of the backers of the original Agent watch. It sure left a sour taste for Kickstarter projects.

1 Like

I am telling my wife that I was compared to him :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I’m in if I can help in Something (beers ? :crazy_face:)

1 Like

I heard that Georges was happy as well :slight_smile:

It was a clever strategy to wait to do this project - now you don’t have to do a Windows Phone driver for it. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

When the Agent watch was conceived, it was essentially a standalone device. Today, with the Apple Watch and other smart watches on the market, interfacing with a smart telephone is essential for a real product.

But, it would be interesting to develop a series of use cases on what a minimalistic standalone “smart” watch would do.

1 Like

Yesssssss!!! A great way to get the kids involved! Coding, drawing some awesome dials and so on :blush::blush::blush:
Thank you very much Gus, Justin for this !

(@Gus, that title; OMG, I need to wait for my heart to calm down a bit.)

I’m in. I don’t know what I can contribute; but I’m in!

A very import component.

I think this would be a fantastic community project! There are so many applications that can be done!! I however sadly was not a backer… but would have been had I known about it! A non locked down customizable watch… my mouth is watering!! I am certainly in!!

1 Like

I’m in…

O wait…Gus was talking about me :rofl:

Crap, I just realised I was never an Agent backer! #TheDreamIsOver :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Your punishment is to make an amazing design and gift it to the community!!

4 Likes

You got me there. Agent acquired, I’m in.

IRL I’m software architect and framework developer for a two-tier c#/xaml desktop application. Doesn’t sound like the best of matches for a gadget project, but I can certainly code!

1 Like

Oh lol, I’m still a firmware passionate.
But please don’t call it Agent again… I was one cheated backer, … :yum:

1 Like

Hey guys I have this wild idea!
What if we use the wristband as a daisy chained one wire links to extend the watch with external sensors, developed by the community! So you want to add a body temp replace one of the links with a link powered sensor! Obviously the bigger of a man/women you are the more sensors you can use :blush::blush::blush: better get started fattening that wrist :blush:

Actually @Greg_Norris had the same idea. Keep the watch and a core system and then use the wristband as the accessory holder. I do not know why not everyone is doing that already!!

Let’s continue the discussion here please To be or not to be, a C# smartwatch

Great minds think alike :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like